Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

MX5141 fuser wont stop running

We have a MX5141 where the fuser wont stop running. swapped the fuser with another one and it works normally so we know the problem is in the fuser. The lamp in the pressure roller wast getting hot so we swapped out the lamp and the thermister which allowed it to heat up. so at this point both lamps heating up all moving parts are moving like they should. However the fuser just wont stop running. the warming up message appears for a minute on boot up but machine never comes to ready. updated firmware and have swapped out PCU PWB still no codes or anything from the machine pointing to an issue. has anyone seen an issue with this.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Re: MX5141 fuser wont stop running

I have had this happen when I installed a fuser from a different model like say a 4141. Even though the fusers looked identical the fuser would never come off the warming up message.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Ive seen that before, happens when web counter is reset and the web runs out . I think eventually it will show fk3 code

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by romang View Post
    Ive seen that before, happens when web counter is reset and the web runs out . I think eventually it will show fk3 code
    I believe you are correct. After reading your reply I have seen that same thing before also.

Technician

believe we found the issue. the upper heat lamp was damaged even though it was heating up. cant confirm till we get a replacement in as they are currently back ordered from tech data. also going to swap out all thermisters and thermostats will check back in when all parts have been replaced and tested.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

I was going to suggest thermistors. You can check the contact ones with a meter. I believe they should read 30 something ohms under normal just sitting condition. much more than that they are bad.