Technician

Sharp MX-3070 password changed

This machine has the MX-FR52U Data Security Kit installed and the Password has been changed. Sim 24-30 is not an option and the only dip switch on the main board is for the screen calibration. I installed the firmware update believing it may give me the 24-30 option... it did not.

The customer wants to set up Scan to Email but that required a password (unless you know a way around that)

Any help will be MOST appreciated

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts bilyahn's Avatar

Re: Sharp MX-3070 password changed

You will need to contact Sharp on this. At school they said it could not be reset with the data security kit installed, period, but there was a post recently stating that Sharp could do it.

Good luck and I would definitely like to know what the outcome is.

Bil

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: Sharp MX-3070 password changed

I have had to reset these in the past without a DSK using the normal method of getting a code and contacting the hotline to get it reset. HOWEVER on other models I figured out that if you removed the hard drive and wiped it on a pc and then EM reloaded all the data like a dead machine it would remove the password even with a data security kit. Have not tested it on this model yet but its worth a try. You will have to set the machine back up from scratch though