Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Sharp MX-3070 password changed

Sharp MX-3070 password changed

This machine has the MX-FR52U Data Security Kit installed and the Password has been changed. Sim 24-30 is not an option and the only dip switch on the main board is for the screen calibration. I installed the firmware update believing it may give me the 24-30 option... it did not.

The customer wants to set up Scan to Email but that required a password (unless you know a way around that)

Any help will be MOST appreciated

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts bilyahn's Avatar

Re: Sharp MX-3070 password changed

You will need to contact Sharp on this. At school they said it could not be reset with the data security kit installed, period, but there was a post recently stating that Sharp could do it.

Good luck and I would definitely like to know what the outcome is.

Bil

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

I have had to reset these in the past without a DSK using the normal method of getting a code and contacting the hotline to get it reset. HOWEVER on other models I figured out that if you removed the hard drive and wiped it on a pc and then EM reloaded all the data like a dead machine it would remove the password even with a data security kit. Have not tested it on this model yet but its worth a try. You will have to set the machine back up from scratch though

Technician

Been a few instances where replacing the Msata with a card that has been cloned will retain the admin login of said cloned file. Of course this is only in instances where DSK not equipped. Beats going through alternative steps of admin pw reset..