Sharp MX-2300n quality problem.

Ok so i recently got a MX-2300N for a steal. Seems to be a great printer so far but it has a minor quality glitch that I would like to fix. Imgur: The magic of the Internet is an example of what it is doing. There is a ghost image of the color logo off to the side. Any ideas?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Re: Sharp MX-2300n quality problem.

How much is a steal? These boxes are over 14 yrs old, they should have given it to you. How many clicks on the box? You need to run multiple copies 4 or more color and see what the image looks like. It appears from the magenta line that the box has been sitting for some time and may just need a blade or the drum may need the line cleaned up with some drum powder. How many clicks on color, how many on black?

Quote Originally Posted by copiertec View Post
    How much is a steal? These boxes are over 14 yrs old, they should have given it to you. How many clicks on the box? You need to run multiple copies 4 or more color and see what the image looks like. It appears from the magenta line that the box has been sitting for some time and may just need a blade or the drum may need the line cleaned up with some drum powder. How many clicks on color, how many on black?
    Paid $25 for the printer at an online auction. I think it had been sitting for a bit before I got it. At that price just the document scanner is well worth it.

80k b/w
    50k color

Any particular thing I need to print when I print the multiple color copies? Is there a demo page I should be printing?

Not sure if it tells anything but I did this as well. Black was printed and then I did single color copies of the black page. Imgur: The magic of the Internet
    Last edited by birdman3131; 05-26-2019 at 04:49 AM.

Ok ran off 4 copies of this. They all did the same thing pretty much. Imgur: The magic of the Internet (Pardon the lighting quality. )

since the age of the machine & the look on the examples , probably one (or more) of the drums cleaning blades are too old and are not cleaning well.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

Sorry, I can't make anything of those images. Try printing something like this:
    Attached Files Attached Files
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

I am guessing, but i think you are running your paper 8x11 as opposed to 8x11r, judging from your copy as I see a double image in magenta with the game boy print. But like blackcat said run his test page first, doing multiple copies at least 3 or 4. I think you may need a new color drum unit for magenta and possibly all color drum units as the life is rated 60k. These old machines can turn into money pits real quick. I also am assuming you are not a technician, so if you need a source for that drum unit this is a good place to start as they have 10% off this weekend. Be prepaired to turn a screwdriver to get access to the drum unit Sharp MX27NUSA (MX-27NUSA) Black / Color Drum Unit, Genuine (G9828)

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

I suspect that issue is from a cleaning blade not cleaning properly. It could be either the primary transfer belt blade or the drum blade for whatever color the latent or ghost image is. If you have stearic acid or kynar powder I would suggest repowdering the primary belt and blade first. I say this because most likely you will need a new drum and mk kit if it is the drum unit causing the issue. It is important to powder the pri belt blade and belt correctly so you do not cause it to flip. all of these parts can be ordered through katun or precision roller pretty cheaply.