Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts xring1958's Avatar

MX-M753 Doesn't see tray in Auto Inch

We have a 753 that does not recognize the third tray if it is set to auto Inch in tray settings. we have replaced sensor box in back and replaced tray with known good tray but still nothing. I am about to start tracking down the wiring chart but if some one has already played with this and found a solution it will save me some time. As always thanks for any input.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts driving lots of miles's Avatar

Re: MX-M753 Doesn't see tray in Auto Inch

We just had an issue similar to this on a 3070, where it would feed letter paper and then start another page causing it to jam thinking it had A3 paper in the drawer 2, we reseated the connector did a hard reboot on the machine with the network cable out, tried to copy and it worked as it should and then plugged the network cable back in and then printed fine from the computer. Although I tried everything else first for about an hour and then tried this.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts xring1958's Avatar

Re: MX-M753 Doesn't see tray in Auto Inch

I always try to tell the solution if we find one. What solved it was installing 500 regulation bottom plate F (Multi cassette only) LPLTM5819FCZZ

it is a metal tab that is in the multi tray but not the 500 page tray. I'm not sure why one tray has it and the other one doesn't. This was a machine purchased from a leasing company so there is no telling what and how it came in .

Next time I see one in the field I am going to look at tray 3 & 4 to see if it is there on both.