Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

mx-m565n Cleaning blade flip

I have a lot of cleaning blade flipping after doing a PM on those model & I saw a tech bulletin that say you have to put stearic acid powder on the drum when replacing it . I never did that on any sharp.

Every other tech I speak to don't seem to have that problem & they don't apply stearic acid powder...

Question 1 : Am I the only one getting flipping blade ?

Question 2 : Do you guys put stearic acid powder when you change the drum?

Thank you

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Re: mx-m565n Cleaning blade flip

The company I work for has pretty much abandoned the 560mk kits. Those cleaning blades are junk. Instead, we use the 503mk kits. The charger grid and saw tooth are the same, but you have to transplant them into the frame of the 565 charger, as the frames are different between the series. I have also noticed that if the blade flips bad enough, it can cause a lot of stress on the process unit frame, possibly causing more flips in the future as it is tweaked out of shape. The process units are cheap enough that I carry one with me in the event I have a bad flip; ie...drum completely locked and wedged.

As a side note, I don't put any extra powder on the drum or blade, other than what is already on there, along with yellow toner.

Hope this helps!

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

I never put a blade in the Drum or the ITB WITHOUT powdering it... you can use yellow toner AS LONG AS IT DOESN'T HAVE DEV POWDER IN IT.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

This has been a very solid unit for us. Basic mechanics and zero board issues. I am not aware of any blade flipping either. The only thing that stumped us was the transport rollers above the fuser get concave causing toner build up on fuser guides. But even that is a 10 minute fix.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts bilyahn's Avatar

I'm with JR2ALta. We have quite a few of these with 1M copies and have not had this issue so far. Use the 560MK kit without any problems. Don't use any additional powder just what is on the drum to start with unless it doesn't turn smoothly by hand then I will add some additional powder when I put it back together until I can get the drum to rotate easily. Wonder what could be causing your problem.

Good luck.

Bil

Technician

Make sure the red felt seals on the sides are put on after the blade is put in. I had the same problem and since I put seals in this way the problem went away. I hope this helps.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mike2565 View Post
    Make sure the red felt seals on the sides are put on after the blade is put in. I had the same problem and since I put seals in this way the problem went away. I hope this helps.
    These felt pads go on BEFORE the blade is put in, just FYI. If you are putting them on TOP of the blade, you're doing it wrong.

Technician

If you put them on before the blade is on then one side or the other will lift the the blade and cause it to flip. If you look at it after the blade is installed there is plenty of room to get it on there, the bottom blade is then installed. I thought the same thing you did about them but since I started doing them this way I have never seen this problem again. There is another thread like this on my board and I had another tech tell me the same thing about the felt pads.

Quote Originally Posted by mike2565 View Post
    If you put them on before the blade is on then one side or the other will lift the the blade and cause it to flip. If you look at it after the blade is installed there is plenty of room to get it on there, the bottom blade is then installed. I thought the same thing you did about them but since I started doing them this way I have never seen this problem again. There is another thread like this on my board and I had another tech tell me the same thing about the felt pads.
    I'm defenetly goin to test that. The idea look crazy but what the hell.

Thanks

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

The trick is to use both the steric acid powder and yellow toner powder on both the drum and blade. If you refer to the tech bulletin about powders it points this out. Haven’t had one flip once since doing that.