Problem with login to Sharepoint

Have a problem logging into Sharepoint from a new MX-2630N. Added the MX-AMX2L application communication module, put the Sharepoint app on the control panel. All good, easy peasy. Well, the machine cannot log you into your Sharepoint account on your first try - 100% of the time. "Authentication failed. Please confirm the entered contents." is the error message on screen. You try again, using same credentials and Voila' 100% of the time you are in on your 2nd attempt. To make matters worse, Sharp doesn't allow you to save the login info unless you enable User Control. If you enable User Control, create a user, it will store your user name & password after your 1st attempt to login, and the keyword here is "attempt". Seems the Sharp is saving your unsuccessful 1st login attempt and ignoring your 2nd which worked. So thereafter, when you press the Sharepoint Online button you will get "Authentication failed" initially, every time. If you persist and manually enter your credentials (a 2nd attempt) you get in, no problem. I have deleted the external connection data, started the process again with same result. Doesn't matter what authority group the user belongs to - user, admin, system admin. No users get in on their 1st attempt.
    Sharp needs to get with it - they are falling behind. Even a $400 HP mfp will allow you to store your external connection credentials for your workgroup, without forcing your customers to sign in every time they use the stinking machine. Cloud services are here to stay, NAS servers, etc. Duhh.....

Re: Problem with login to Sharepoint

Problem solved, with no help from Sharp tech support, except to check some User Settings which were correct. Problem was providing too complicated a URL for the Sharp copier to navigate - as in drilling it down to the actual shared folder(s) you are interested in accessing. If you keep it simple - e.g. xyzconet.sharepoint.com, the app will take you to your list of shared document folders anyway. Lesson learned - K.I.S.S.

Talking Re: Problem with login to Sharepoint

Hey I tried PMing but inbox might be full so I am hoping on taking my chances on this thread.

I am dealing with something similar myself.. Except with a sharp bp-50c26. I was wondering if you have any leads on what other settings I should tamper with to get this going. Unlike, your situation mine DOES NOT let me sign in. I keep getting the Authentication Error message + after trying out the simple URL method, I ended up getting a Connection Failed (20210001) message after. I was hoping someone with this experience already can help a newbie tech like me out with this.

Thanks in advance!

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Re: Problem with login to Sharepoint

Is it possible to start in a chosen folder? Or does the app only support the home folder of the site?