Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Sharp MX-3115

Sharp MX-3115

hope someone can help. I have a Sharp MX-3115 that is not advancing the web. Was able to troubleshoot that the solenoid in the fuser unit it not actuating which does not allow the arm to advance the web. Has anyone seen this?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Sharp MX-3115

Re: Sharp MX-3115

I have seen either the web get built up with toner stopping it, or the one-way bearings start to slip after time due to heat and wear. It's not an ideal set up in that fuser. Only one worse id the Phoenix fuser.
    The Moose is loose!!

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Sharp MX-3115

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Kinloch View Post
    hope someone can help. I have a Sharp MX-3115 that is not advancing the web. Was able to troubleshoot that the solenoid in the fuser unit it not actuating which does not allow the arm to advance the web. Has anyone seen this?
    Have you tried adjusting Sim 43-32 ( A=0 B=50 C=3)? There was a Tech Tip back in '16 for the web not advancing.

thanks everyone for the ideas. ive tried the sim and this machine has had 2 new refurb fusers put in. the web is not advancing which causes buildup. the only thing i can think of is for this machine it that the signal to the solenoid in the fuser is not triggering. ive never seen this before. i think ill head back and put a real tight spring on the solenoid to keep it engaged and see if it is infact something electrical. any other ideas are welcome thanks everyone

Quote Originally Posted by moose55 View Post
    I have seen either the web get built up with toner stopping it, or the one-way bearings start to slip after time due to heat and wear. It's not an ideal set up in that fuser. Only one worse id the Phoenix fuser.

BTW, ive been in and out of the copier biz since the ARM207, is the Phenoix 2 fuser any better or the same?