Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Technician

Question Sharp MX-M904 Still Good?

Is the Sharp MX-M904 Still a good Machine. I found one new in the box from 2017. Never open. Comes with standard finisher and high cap trays.

Couple of questions:

1. Is this a good machine to sell to a print shop that does 300K per month B&W ?

2. Does the New in box machine come with toner and developer for the install?

3. Is the rip built in on this model?

4. Do I need a laptop to service this machine or is the service documentation on PDF?

5. Where can I find a service and parts manual for this model?

6. What is a good vendor for parts? I use precisionroller.com, Copiersupplystore.com etc... Any others recommended?

Should I go with this machine or a Konica 1100 B&W ?

Main concern is service documentation and parts availability on the Sharp. Can I still get all the parts ?
    I hope I don't need a laptop to service it like some other companies.

Responses would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts bilyahn's Avatar

Re: Sharp MX-M904 Still Good?

We like this series machine. This is the 2nd generation and made some improvements. Will do the 300K/month no problem. We only have 2 of these but have held up well in a school environment. Finisher is just okay. Problems with the SD card so I would be sure to make a copy but that seems to be standard for Sharps at this time. Parts are still available and should be for another 5 years at least. We're a Sharp dealer so no problem with parts/supplies. Does not come with toner or developer. You do not need a laptop to service unit.

Good luck

Bil

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by bilyahn View Post
    We like this series machine. This is the 2nd generation and made some improvements. Will do the 300K/month no problem. We only have 2 of these but have held up well in a school environment. Finisher is just okay. Problems with the SD card so I would be sure to make a copy but that seems to be standard for Sharps at this time. Parts are still available and should be for another 5 years at least. We're a Sharp dealer so no problem with parts/supplies. Does not come with toner or developer. You do not need a laptop to service unit.

Good luck

Bil
    Thank you very much for the response. I will be selling this machine to the customer this coming week. Where can I get a spare SD card? Is it just any SD card or do I need a specific brand and size ?

Thanks again.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Sharp MX-M904 Still Good?

Use HDD Raw copy tool, import the setting from the O.G. sd card from the copier on to your computer than rewrite it to SanDisk ultra 16gb class10 sd card, these are the sd cards we use.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by copiertec View Post
    Use HDD Raw copy tool, import the setting from the O.G. sd card from the copier on to your computer than rewrite it to SanDisk ultra 16gb class10 sd card, these are the sd cards we use.

Ok, Thank you very much for the tip. Where can I find the HDD raw copy tool ? Is it on the machine already ?

Thanks again.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Sharp MX-M904 Still Good?

Quote Originally Posted by acribari View Post
    Ok, Thank you very much for the tip. Where can I find the HDD raw copy tool ? Is it on the machine already ?

Thanks again.
    The HDD raw tool can be downloladed from the internet to a laptop. Just google it.
    The Moose is loose!!

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by moose55 View Post
    The HDD raw tool can be downloladed from the internet to a laptop. Just google it.

Ok, thank you. I googled it and downloaded both the installer and the portable versions.

Thanks again.

Lots of great info.

Technician

I finally got the machine delivered. the main body is brand new and works great.

I have an issue with MX-LC13 high cap that is attached. It is used and it gives me an error to check the cables. I

t sees the high cap and shows the trays on the display when I select one of the trays it tells me to check the cables.

Any clue?

I am new to sharp machines. I have been a tech for 29 years on Xerox and then Konica. Not many Sharps.

I didn't really troubleshoot it yet but looking for a clue before I go back to the account.

Thanks. Any help would be much appreciated.

Technician

I did read on this forum about a possible firmware update. Where can I find the firmware to download it and copy it to a USB memory stick?

Technician

it turns out that the high cap plug that was connected to the main body was making a loose connection. it now feeds paper. I will also update the firmware anyways just to be up to date.

Thank you all for all the good info.

Much appreciated.

oh, one thing I am missing on the machine is on the main unit. When the high cap feeds paper it goes in to the main unit and then travels up through a transport. the transport door, top side, is missing. is there a part number to order one of these?

Paper stops as soon as it enters the main unit obviously.

I am looking around for one and made a few calls to see if I can locate one. If anyone knows where to get one please let me know.

Thank You.