Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

MX-6070N Copy Quality

Hello,

We have two 6070's in our office right now one with 1m and the other with 60k copies. They both exhibit the same grainy quality on prints, even internal test prints. We've tried changing developer, cleaning density sensors, inspecting all the transfer parts. Nothing seems to improve it. I've run the calibration sims a few times on each without any change. Any ideas on what it could be?

Senior Tech 250+ Posts driving lots of miles's Avatar

Re: MX-6070N Copy Quality

I would replace the main charge kit and drum first.

Depending on environment, I would suggest checking/cleaning laser window

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    MX-6070N Copy Quality

Print a sim 64 pcl and ps sheet, scan and post.

Post Re: MX-6070N Copy Quality

Quote Originally Posted by mansart View Post
    Print a sim 64 pcl and ps sheet, scan and post.

I scanned the images but the site won't let my upload pdfs for whatever reason. I spoke with a senior tech about the issue and he said that this is just an inherent issue with the 6070's which I find hard to believe but he knows what he's talking about. Another tech advised me to change the developer because he recognized the symptoms but that didn't help.

I found out from a co-worker who uses the machine that the drum units and fuser were changed as of about a year ago. The maintenance counts were not reset in the machine but she's certain that the work was performed.

Could this be a software issue? The firmware is up to date and I factory reset the machine before testing to make sure the settings were correct.

I uploaded the images to docdroid but I understand if thats not a trusted site.

PS: 6070N_PS.pdf | DocDroid
    PCL: 6070N_PCL.pdf | DocDroid
    Grain: 6070N_grain.pdf | DocDroid

Thanks for your replies!

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Hi

1. check 50-22, all ok?

2. Change fuser unit for test

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sharptech21 View Post
    the drum units and fuser were changed as of about a year ago. The maintenance counts were not reset in the machine but she's certain that the work was performed.

Could this be a software issue?
    Yes. It's very important for the drum and dev counters to be accurate. The machine uses these for its process control and uses different voltages and amounts of supplies to compensate for wear. You may get other weird seemingly-unrelated trouble codes and errors if you leave them as-is. It sucks but I'd just replace the drums again and make sure to clear the counters.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    MX-6070N Copy Quality

If you do a magenta "sky shot", and panic stop the machine, is the graininess visible on the primary transfer belt prior to it transferring to paper?

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    MX-6070N Copy Quality

Quote Originally Posted by sharptech21 View Post
    Hello,

We have two 6070's in our office right now one with 1m and the other with 60k copies. They both exhibit the same grainy quality on prints, even internal test prints. We've tried changing developer, cleaning density sensors, inspecting all the transfer parts. Nothing seems to improve it. I've run the calibration sims a few times on each without any change. Any ideas on what it could be?
    Unfortunately, from my experience with this series, the pics look normal to me. New DV, drums, mk kits should help fill them in a bit better. Make sure to do a full color calibration as well. Sharp machines just do not have that great of a color fill, compared to some other brands, IE..Ricoh. One thing that MIGHT help is to adjust the registration roller and fuser speeds. By slowing them down a bit, it pulls the paper a bit tighter against the primary belt. I've done this on a MX2640 with pretty good success.

Good luck!

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Dumb question but are you using SHARP Genuine toners in this machine and not aftermarkets? Also is firmware updated?