Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Sharp MX-B402SC Firmware

I've contacted my sharp local technician two times to try to get firmware installed but they are beyond incompetent. They didn't even inspect my machine told me my screen wasn't working the first time. The screen was completely fine as it has a clear readable display, the second time they came out they insisted I needed a sharp brand hard drive in the copier before they would install the firmware in it. Sharp doesn't even manufacture hard drives.
    All my machine needs is the firmware as I installed a compatible hard drive and it asks for the firmware to be booted from the usb. Is there anyone out there that can provide it or sell it to me? I am not getting anywhere with my sharp technician they just want to bill me for items I don't actually need.

Agitating Artificer 250+ Posts CopierTechofOmens's Avatar

Re: Sharp MX-B402SC Firmware

That's frustrating. Let's start from the beginning:

1. What was the initial issue?

2. Does your machine have the security package?

3.Do you know how to perform an emergency update?

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Sharp MX-B402SC Firmware

I purchased it without a hard drive.
    so initially i would get an error after bootup telling me there was a hard drive error because there was no drive

i bought a hard drive taken from a different sharp printer but i think it may have been a different model bc then it would boot and eventually show a screen that just had lines all over it

so i replaced the hard drive again with an oem hard drive that tells me i need to install the firmware from the usb

The technician that came out literally just wiped the scanner surface with a towel and that was the extent of the inspection both times. Did not try to open the unit or install the firmware even though when i called to schedule an appointment i told them i needed the firmware installed. The dead giveaway was that he claimed i needed a sharp brand hard drive. The first time he came out he said i needed a new screen and all these other parts but didn’t actually inspect the unit. The screen shows all the messages and boot up screen without issues. He either had no clue how to fix a printer or didnt want to bother with it.

i havent tried any other procedures with this unit bc i was not aware it could recover any firmware from anywhere else.

If you can tell me the procedure for an emergency update i can give that a try

ive bought printers without hard drives before but never really had issues getting the software before

Repair God? not quite 100+ Posts fireater's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nwotank View Post
    I've contacted my sharp local technician two times to try to get firmware installed but they are beyond incompetent. They didn't even inspect my machine told me my screen wasn't working the first time. The screen was completely fine as it has a clear readable display, the second time they came out they insisted I needed a sharp brand hard drive in the copier before they would install the firmware in it. Sharp doesn't even manufacture hard drives.
    All my machine needs is the firmware as I installed a compatible hard drive and it asks for the firmware to be booted from the usb. Is there anyone out there that can provide it or sell it to me? I am not getting anywhere with my sharp technician they just want to bill me for items I don't actually need.
    msg me i can probably send u some firmware
    I fix copiers ...Well Sorta

Can anyone help me with the firmware for sharp printer MX-C402SC. I really appreciate your help in advance.