Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    gtate

Exclamation Sharp MX-3501n -FK3 and Offline Message

I have a Sharp MX-3501n

I do not know how to get a complete service manual. Can someone please tell me what:

1) Maintenance Required: FK3

2) Offline. The printer somehow makes itsself go Offline, when you view the status of the printer in windows explorer, printers. I turn off the Machine and then the status on the Network will change back to Online.

There is not a Button on the printer where you can change the Printer to Oline and Offline. I can not find it in the printer setting either.

Any help would greatly help out.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Sharp MX-3501n -FK3 and Offline Message

This Parts & Service manual can now be purchased for $11.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from The Internet's largest collection of manuals

Paul@justmanuals.com

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gtate View Post
    I have a Sharp MX-3501n

I do not know how to get a complete service manual. Can someone please tell me what:

1) Maintenance Required: FK3

2) Offline. The printer somehow makes itsself go Offline, when you view the status of the printer in windows explorer, printers. I turn off the Machine and then the status on the Network will change back to Online.

There is not a Button on the printer where you can change the Printer to Oline and Offline. I can not find it in the printer setting either.

Any help would greatly help out.

Post an email address and I will send it to you via you send it

OMD-227
    FK3 is an expired Fuser Web Cleaning Kit (150K life).
    The MX machines automatically go into Offline status as there is a maintenance due. You must replace the Fuser Web Kit to prevent damage or extra wear on the Upper Heat Roller as well as help clean the Lower Heat Roller. The kit is available as MX450WC or NROLR1576FCZ2 as a spare part.
    You can set Sim 55-03 Switch 9, Bit 5 from 0 to 1 to prevent Windows Spooler detecting a maintenance status, therefore enabling the machine to continue online (You still must do the maintenance though!).
    There is no offline/online button. The machine will always be online as long as there are no maintenance issues due at the time.
    Do the maintenance ASAP to clear this. You will need to reset Web counter & Sub-Heater counter E.

gtate
    Quote Originally Posted by wazza View Post
    FK3 is an expired Fuser Web Cleaning Kit (150K life).
    The MX machines automatically go into Offline status as there is a maintenance due. You must replace the Fuser Web Kit to prevent damage or extra wear on the Upper Heat Roller as well as help clean the Lower Heat Roller. The kit is available as MX450WC or NROLR1576FCZ2 as a spare part.
    You can set Sim 55-03 Switch 9, Bit 5 from 0 to 1 to prevent Windows Spooler detecting a maintenance status, therefore enabling the machine to continue online (You still must do the maintenance though!).
    There is no offline/online button. The machine will always be online as long as there are no maintenance issues due at the time.
    Do the maintenance ASAP to clear this. You will need to reset Web counter & Sub-Heater counter E.
    Thankyou,

I cannot find in the Copier or when I http into it were this "Sim" thing is.

Also how does sharp count bits would the following:

7654321 ( Right to left) 5 being bit 5. This is standard but I have seen wierd things.

OMD-227
    I'm not going to tell you how to change soft switch settings if you are not confident in doing it. If you change an incorrect switch, the machine will not perform as normal. Plus, it depends on your Firmware level what switches are even available. Please see the service manual or call your local Sharp Tech. You must be properly trained on this side of things.