Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

AR 651 background

This 651 starts with a clean copy and as they print out they get more and more background. The copier has 200,000 pages on it and useing factory toner. I am not real familer with this unit so all the help I can get is greatly apreciated

Senior member of CRS 2,500+ Posts
    AR 651 background

DEGUY, you may want to post this on the Toshiba threads; Sharp put their brand on a Toshiba box, sorry, I'm not sure what their model is.
    "You can't trust your eyes, if your mind is out of focus" --

The Sharp AR 651 is the same as the Toshiba E-Studio 65. Your problem is probably the developer. These units recycle toner and things can go terribly terribly wrong in the process. You should vacuum the ducting behind the developer, drum and transport belt, as toner may be backing up at any of those ports. You may want to change out the developer too, even though it is supposed to last 400,000 copies it very rarely does. You can change the toner filter too which does help. Hope that helps.

Technician 250+ Posts
    Also check out the upper fuser roller. They are rated for 400K but seldom make it. The teflon just peels right off the steel roller. Sharps part number for the fuser kit is AR-810FU. (I think they put the FU in on purpose as rebuilding the fuser is awful!)