Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Owner/Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    MX-2600 & 3100 missing black in center

Exclamation MX-2600 & 3100 missing black in center

There seems to be an issue with these machines intermittently dropping out black. Temporarily removing the black LSU shutter will resolve it until a tech bulletin is posted.
    Remove the black drum & dv units. Remove the silver screw on the black guide plate that holds the guide plate. Slide forward then up to pull out of the machine. Remove the shutter, then reinstall the guide.
    Hope that saves some of you some time.
    Hope that helps !
    -Tony

www.dtios.com
    Become a fan on Facebook

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

mx-3100 fading black

Yeah we've had our sharp rep out on this one, a few pre release bulletins we got from him were about using HANARL grease on the moving parts of the link arm, and burrs in the front frame mount of the shutter. He also said the factory may change the return spring on the shutter solenoid. they are going to send us some new ones but of course they are on "backorder".
    Also this can cause rear to front fading in color (our first one stated this way) process blacks slowly fading to green (also affecting magenta)
    Its a shame that its taking them so long to resolve this.

OMD-227
    Hi Guys,
    I've had this on a few 3100's now. Not only on the black, but also the colors, always through the middle. I have another fix that you may be interested in..... something I tried and it works well.
    Take all laser shutters out. Manually move each shutter with your hand while holding the shutter unit with the other hand. You will find that at least one of them will be 'tighter' or with less spring return than the others. Take that particular shutter unit apart and sand-paper back any burrs on the small shaft at each end which is installed into the base of the shutter unit. Apply a very small amount of lubricant to each end of the shutter arms on all 4 shutter units. When all 4 shutters move freely and with equal amounts of spring tension, re-install them and test. The one that is tighter than the others is causing the problems with a single or multiple color failure.
    I have found the shutter solenoid unit is not strong enough to pull all 4 shutters open fully if there is any tightness in at least one of the shutters. By making all shutter units equal with this basic fix, you will find the machine performs well. I have done this to all 2600/3100 machines that have had this issue, and haven't been back yet. Some were done 2 or 3 months ago... and they were playing up from new.
    Have seen the Sharp Bulletins on this issue, but this fix that I do has worked well for me, without the use of that Hanarl Grease.

Technician

Re: MX-2600 & 3100 missing black in center

I have a 2600 that was dropping black and magenta at the rear removed and reinstalled the black shutter so far so good

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

We had a couple doing this a long time ago and did what the update said and it has been fine since.

Legendary Frost Spec Tech 2,500+ Posts

4 year necro-thread!
    Cthulhu for president! Why settle for the lesser evil?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts igi's Avatar

thanx
    to all of you for exelent info