Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Sharp AR-M355

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts GottaFixEmAll's Avatar

Sharp AR-M355

As mentioned in my previous post ... I have one of these, it has the scanner enabled ... but I don't have the SharpDesk software ( I got it from Paramount Imaging ) and understand that the software is licensed to the original purchaser ....

I either need to find a copy of the Sharpdesk software or find out what steps are used to set up Scan to E-mail ( which was suggested by CopierTechOfOmens ) --- I think I have to set up the Pop and SMTP parts, Ie: smtp.Charter.net ( My internet service provider )

I work on quite a few of these and a lot of Sharps in general over the years ... but I have never set one up to Scan !!!

Also, what is teh best way to set up printing ???

Thanks, Mike @ Michael's Copier

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Sharp AR-M355

Printing, I prefer to go set up on the server, but seting up to print from individual PCs is fine. Scanning, you do need the the SMTP and POP3. SMTP could be right and the POP3 may be the same as SMTP, except it might be mail.charter.net. I setup the DNS and other stuff like that which you can find by going to the DOS prompt and typing IPCONFIG /ALL. This should give you all or most of the info you need.

Owner/Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Sharp AR-M355

Mike, if you're a Sharp dealer Sharpdesk is available for download off the IDNC Service site. It's the easiest way to do it, unless you know what you're doing. I think that model has authentication for email. The previous model did not. It does not support SSL and places are starting to use it for email. MHeon is correct, you'll need a DNS server to resolve the name mail.charter.net. Or you can Ping mail.charter.net & it will reply with the correct IP address. The only problem in doing it with IP address is if the address changes you'll have to go back & change the IP address.
    LMK if you need help or have any questions.
    Hope that helps !
    -Tony

www.dtios.com
    Become a fan on Facebook

Technician
    You won't need Sharpdesk for Email scanning.

Access the imager webpage and input the smtp server info in the proper boxes.

If the mail server allows anon access, then you're golden, if i requires authentication( almost all do) then you will need to work with IT/mail hosting company to setup a proper account for the machine to use.