Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sharp AR-M280U

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Question Sharp AR-M280U

I have a machine that jams only on duplexing and it jams as it comes out of the fuser and hits the exit roller.I know there is a sensor that is causing
    the problem because the exit roller want come on to eject the paper so does anyone know what i should be looking for because the machine runs one side copies find. Thanks Steve

Owner/Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Sharp AR-M280U

If you're pretty sure it's a sensor, you can run it in aging mode which turns the sensors off. The most common problems on those are sensors going bad since they sit right over the fuser. The one-ways on the turn over. If it has an FN-6 on it, make sure the black gate has the updated pad with the mylar on it. That will cause it to jam only when duplexing.
    Hope that helps !
    -Tony

www.dtios.com
    Become a fan on Facebook

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    I agree with tmaged on this one. If it helps at all, the sensor in the bypass tray (if you have one) is the same as the sensor in the turnover unit. Since it's the heat that weakens the sensor, sometimes you can interchange them and survive until the next one cooks as well.

Technician 250+ Posts
    You may just want to replace the delivery turn unit. P/N CFRM-1020DS51 It will take a lot of time to swap the sensors as you will need to remove the delivery unit. The turn units don't do good in the fuser heat. They actually warp from the heat.

Technician 250+ Posts
    I forgot to add-If you want to go with the sensors there are 3, their part number is VHPGP1A73A+-1

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Sharp AR-M280U

I agree with mtech. Changing the Delivery Turn Unit will do a few things. You will get the upgraded Unit - (there is a retro-fit) there was a Sensor issue because of grease coating and interfering with the sensor up by the fan, a fan issues because of the heat in that area, and, you will eliminate having to deal with a Sensor you replaced that didn't make the fix. It takes about an hour, or hour and a half to do the job but once it is done - no more painful issues - for you or the client.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Question

Thanks for the help but we are not a sharp dealer so does any one know
    where i can order the turnaround unit or the sensors from.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Sharp AR-M280U

Precision Roller is a good start, or a Sharp Dealer, maybe some company not in your immediate sphere of doing business. You can Google the Part # and see what comes up. You may want to see about calling a Remarketer about just buying a machine, one that came off lease, with low mileage. You might get a better deal that way. It can become expensive for parts.

Remember too, that is an older machine. Got to weigh the cost of repair against looking at new or used for an update.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    I have installed the new delivery turn unit but i am still getting a skew ever once and a while that will cause it to jam,paper skew is the back side copy and it is skew at the registration roller.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Sharp AR-M280U

As another few thoughts, I would look to check feed inside Duplex Unit. That can somethings need cleaning. If this is only happening on Second Side, it would be that feed area.

I would also check to see if it is one tray or another - or all trays is where this is happening. It could be the a Tray Issue.