Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    sarcaz

Sharp MX 2300N error code F2-40

i've just turned on my new MX 2300N and it displays : Call for Service. Code: F2-40
    Anyone can help me? i can't find this type of error...

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Sharp MX 2300N error code F2-40

black toner supply trouble, try a different toner cart, remember to shake the cart before installing. power the machine on and off, if the code is gone then it was the cart if it doesnt clear your service tech needs to see the machine.

OMD-227
    Loss of Black toner supply or arching of black drum unit.
    I agree with Nachoman...... try another cartridge. Check the sealing tape has been fully removed from the cartridge as well as the green colored plug. I have seen many cases where the seal tape has been left on, cartridge installed, then F2-40 shows not long after.
    Also, if you have an original drum unit frame, change the frame with the new Modified version to prevent arching at the rear cover of the drum unit against the inside back plate of the machine.
    Check that the black dev tank is not low or empty, re-position both drum & dev tank.

sarcaz
    thank's very much tomorrow i'll try it

Technician

Thanks

thanks, i have also the same code in color sharp 172. i ill try this tomorrow. thanks again,

Techace

OMD-227
    Techace.....
    Totally different toner delivery system in the Whale series AR-C vs the Pastel MX series listed in this post.

If you are getting F2-40 on your ARC172, dont do what is listed in this post. Your problem would more likely be the waste toner delivery spring inside the drum unit is seized. The spring becomes warped, pushes against the cleaning blade & slows the drum rotation down. Worst case is the waste toner delivery spring is totally broken, causing a buildup & seizure of the drum altogether. Also check the Blk toner cartridge is rotating freely, about the same tension on rotation as the CMY toners.

Re: Sharp MX 2300N error code F2-40

Sorry for ressurecting this thread but I just wanted to say thank you. We had a MX-4501n that was just an absolute pain with that code and drove us to the point of insanity by giving another code which we ended up having to replace the entire main drive unit. Turns out it was developer causing the code, which we replaced before but the code kept coming back until I did another developer change just now and now it works.

Taschfine

Re: Sharp MX 2300N error code F2-40

I have also the same Problem on Sharp AR 5620 v .
    I will try the possible solutions .
    Thank you all