Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts vincent64's Avatar

DOC feeder woes on MXM 550

We have one that is multi feeding, 3 different techs have been out to see it, machine has less than 50K on it, first time I cleaned feed rollers and cleaned the 1-way shafts and bearings, 2nd time out I changed the rollers, they have been change again just a couple weeks ago, its a intermittion problem, some times I can run a couple hundred originals through it with no prob, then it will double feed, and after clearing it out, wont do it again for some time, does not matter if scanning or copying.
    Any ideas what may be going on.

OMD-227
    A few ideas.....

Obviously...how good are the originals being copied??? Are the mylars inside the ADF bent or have their corners bent over???
    I've seen many machines with things like label glue inside the ADF paper path, causing paper to slow down randomly, paper timing problems.
    Maybe run some known good paper through the ADF in Aging mode to eliminate sensor problems. You obviously have good rollers.
    Make sure the separation roller is on correctly.... if its put in backwards (which can be done sometimes by some techs), you will have problems with separation/multifeeding.

One other thing....

On the ARM550-700 series (same ADF), sometimes you get corrupted scan control PWB memory. This can cause ADF jams as well. Run Sim 88-07 or reflash all system firmware..... even if you are currently running the latest versions. I havent seen your jamming problem on the new MXM's yet, but as it's all the same as the original Dragon series..... give it a go.

Owner/Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Check the white plastic arm that clips on to hold the sep roller on. We've had them crack or break & sometimes this will cause intermittent double feeding.
    Hope that helps !
    -Tony

www.dtios.com
    Become a fan on Facebook

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Or even the sep roller flat spotting, on our mxm and mx color w/ dspf's we have been replacing the foam sep roller with the reverse roller form an ef1 (1317 roller). on the mx color machines it reduced sppd1 jams ALOT. just something to try if you have one.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

tmaged & Nachoman are on the mark. What jam codes are you getting?
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

user245470

check sep sheet

i have seen this cause issues and a better change for doc feed rollers is to use the mx850df rollers youll love them over the ar620df

Senior Tech 250+ Posts vincent64's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by user245470 View Post
    i have seen this cause issues and a better change for doc feed rollers is to use the mx850df rollers youll love them over the ar620df
    I had gotten the same idea off of sharp net forums as well, matter got taken out of my hands, the other tech went out and found the sep roller coupler at the torque limiter was not staying engaged properly, he bent the bracket holding the bushing a bit to hold it in place better.
    But I will try the 850 rollers some time, this is the first time I have seen a dragon have a doc feed problem like this, I have yet to see any of the others out there that a new set of feed rollers did not solve the problem, its just keeping post-it notes, staples and misc. junk out of them.

user245470

abut the holder

bending very rarel fixes it ive tried that twice and both times had to rp it
    its cheapy part and cheap to rp so i would just rp it to save a headache i carry i in my car

MARK KEARNS

mxm550 doc feeder

Sharp have issued a new separator roller see below
    MX-M550U /620U/700U
    AR-M550U/620U/700U, AR-620DF
    2.Description:
    The material quality of the reverse roller has been changed for the improvement in the paper
    feeding performance of SPF.
    Reverse roller

3.Action: Incorporation of the part in the machine body: From mid-February 2009 production
    Release
    ve issued a new seperator roller

Hope this helps
    MARK KEARNS