Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LEOMARTINEZ
    • Jan 2024

f2 40 in sharp mx-503

I have this problem with a sharp mx-503 on a recurring basis it presents code f2-40, I already changed the developer with all the correct steps for its installation and I also changed the developing unit with new developer and it continues to fail. Could someone help me why this is happening? And any solution other than changing developer and development unit?
  • Hart
    Trusted Tech

100+ Posts
    • Feb 2024

Re: f2 40 in sharp mx-503

Did you do the developer adjustment in 25-2 ? I don't remember if you have to remove the cartridge or not on this model (it will tell you if you have to remove it).
    The TCS sensor is in the developer unit, so if you've replaced it, clean your copier with a toner vacuum, make sure that your toner cartridge is not clogged up or the door broken, that the toner motor is working (did you changed the toner or the % did not move ?) and if all else fail, change the PCU card.
    Last edited by Hart; 02-27-2024, 09:37 AM. Reason: There is no toner pipe on mono ...

Comment

• bilyahn
      Service Manager

1,000+ Posts
      • Dec 2006

Are you using OEM or aftermarket toner? Have had recurring issues with aftermarket toners.

Good luck

Bil

Comment

• BryanW
        Technician
        • Feb 2009

Is it possible that the image density sensor located at the transfer roller is dirty or faulty?

Comment

• WackyJack
          Technician

50+ Posts
          • Feb 2021

Originally posted by LEOMARTINEZ
          I have this problem with a sharp mx-503 on a recurring basis it presents code f2-40, I already changed the developer with all the correct steps for its installation and I also changed the developing unit with new developer and it continues to fail. Could someone help me why this is happening? And any solution other than changing developer and development unit?
          I had this happen recently on a MX-M5071. I replaced the drum, developer, transfer roller assembly, and toner all from a known working machine, and it still kept popping up the F2-40 code. I ended up replacing the PCU PWB, and that took care of it
          Also, make sure your firmware is at the most recent level

Comment

• ZOOTECH
            Senior member of CRS

Site Contributor
            2,500+ Posts
            • Jul 2007

Originally posted by LEOMARTINEZ
            I remember that series had a problem with the toner add clutch or motor rusting and causing low density. Try removing toner cartridge, cheating front door, and run sim 10 (toner add motor) and see if gear is turning smoothly.
            "You can't trust your eyes, if your mind is out of focus" --

Comment

• sharpie
              Trusted Tech

100+ Posts
              • Feb 2011

That unit also has a torque limiter in the toner drive system. Its inside the main drive unit and was a pain if I rememeber correctly.

Comment

Working...