Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Technician

MX-M565 F2-78/Firmware

I am fighting an MXM565 with F2-78. I clean the sensor and it lasts about a month. It had the mylar mod. I replaced the whole right side door assy. from a working machine. Same result. I would appreciate anyone sending me the latest firmware. Any other thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Before you ask, I have been working on Sharp copiers since 1987. Just not for a dealer for a very long time. Lost my contact at the local dealer a few years ago.

Senior MFP Technician 250+ Posts

Re: MX-M565 F2-78/Firmware

Quote Originally Posted by OEM1 View Post
    I am fighting an MXM565 with F2-78. I clean the sensor and it lasts about a month. It had the mylar mod. I replaced the whole right side door assy. from a working machine. Same result. I would appreciate anyone sending me the latest firmware. Any other thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Before you ask, I have been working on Sharp copiers since 1987. Just not for a dealer for a very long time. Lost my contact at the local dealer a few years ago.
    First of all, good luck. We had issues with these for years, and they never fully went away. We had a fleet of about 50 in the field, and the codes would go away for a few days to a few months. I'm a firm believer that if it has that code once, it will happen again at some point, no matter what you do to stop it. A couple of them we ended up replacing the PCU board, but they all had DSK's, too, seemed to go away but who knows.

Here is the firmware: 302 Moved

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by OEM1 View Post
    I'm assuming when you say you cleaned the sensor, you're talking about the one on the transfer unit on the door? I've had problems with these as well, even on the newest MX models. The usual culprit is paper dust, which is best solved by recommending better quality paper to the customer. Whether they choose to follow that advice or not is up to them, but they will continue getting the code if they choose to not invest in better paper. You can try cleaning the sensor with a q-tip dipped in some anti-static glass cleaner, which might help it repel some of the paper dust, but that won't be a permanent fix either. I am now at the point where I will show customers where the sensor is located and tell them to blow it out with canned air when the code comes up. Especially for out of town customers. It prevents a lot of service calls when the customer can handle little issues on their own

Technician

After you clean the density sensor, run SIM 44-2 and then SIM 46-74.
    Helps a lot

Technician

I was hoping maybe Sharp has come out with a firmware to decrease the sensitivity.

Technician

Thanks for the firmware. Installed it today. l'll know in 1-2 months if it worked.

Quote Originally Posted by ihatefinishers13 View Post
    First of all, good luck. We had issues with these for years, and they never fully went away. We had a fleet of about 50 in the field, and the codes would go away for a few days to a few months. I'm a firm believer that if it has that code once, it will happen again at some point, no matter what you do to stop it. A couple of them we ended up replacing the PCU board, but they all had DSK's, too, seemed to go away but who knows.

Here is the firmware: 302 Moved

Technician

So, today I went out and cleaned the sensor & updated the firmware. I ran 44-2 but 46-74 would not work. It prints the page and attempts to scan it but just goes back to telling me to put the page on the glass and scan it. I tried every direction. I also tried the individual adjustments this performs and they did not work.

Also this machine seems to have a lot of toner floating around. It has toner on the lead edge of the paper. I cleaned under the drum and the transfer roller. so it's not residual toner. On this note, every machine I have purchased used from a wholesaler with low meters had a backgrounding issue. I replaced supplies on all of them. I replaced the supplies about 50k ago on this one and it has been having this issue longer than that. I'm curious if anyone has fooled with 44-4?

Quote Originally Posted by chatkal View Post
    After you clean the density sensor, run SIM 44-2 and then SIM 46-74.
    Helps a lot

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts bilyahn's Avatar

Had a problem yesterday with F2-78. Toner all over the inside. DV brush what extremely thick. Removed the DV material and the mag roller was caked with dried on toner. Cleaned the mag roller and sensor. Replaced DV material, did all of the calibrations just fine after that.

Good luck

Bil

Senior MFP Technician 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bilyahn View Post
    Had a problem yesterday with F2-78. Toner all over the inside. DV brush what extremely thick. Removed the DV material and the mag roller was caked with dried on toner. Cleaned the mag roller and sensor. Replaced DV material, did all of the calibrations just fine after that.

Good luck

Bil
    Unfortunately, the issue isn't getting the code to go away immediately.. You could have rebooted the machine and it would have went away for a few days. The issue is it will just keep coming back, seemingly for no reason as well. Let's hope that's not the case this time, but I'm definitely glad it's not a hard-stop code!

Technician

That sounds like defective or aftermarket toner. I've been wondering about the DV/toner combo on these machines. Especially after Sharp change from 560 to 561. I assumed because 560 had issues but 561 does not seem to be any better. I am only running OEM Supplies. Maybe aftermarket would run better. I have heard stories of certain Toshiba's running better with it.

Quote Originally Posted by bilyahn View Post

Good luck

Bil