Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts Dustin(WOP)'s Avatar

Sharp MX3501N scanning issues(wierd)

Hey all
    I have the weirdest thing going on with a new install. Setup Sharpdesk on all the PC's and got them all scanning fine. Then put in DNS and SMTP settings and scanning to Sharpdesk now gives error CE-00. went back in and erased all DNS and SMTP settings and scanning works to sharpdesk fine....
    In other words scanning will not work with DNS and SMTP settings in the machine. Anyone have any ideas at all? I am lost...Any info would be great. THANKS

Sorry for asking, but why exactly do you need a DNS in the first place? All the necessary communication can be done using hostnames or IPs so there technically isnt any need for a DNS.

Of course I dont know whether you are using hostnames for scanning (DHCP?) or IPs (I strongly recommend the latter). Anyway, try to exclude the DNS setting and see if it works

BarronGrizwald

Possible answer

How did you configure your sharpdesk installation? Is it sitting on the individual clients or do you have it setup on the server directing scans with profiles. I have a feeling that it might be related to your architecture?