Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SHARP AR-M208

gayle39503

SHARP AR-M208

HI I am trying to learn now to use this copier on my own. It was set up on a network. I dont understand how to set up a network, so for now, I would like to just know how to send something from my computer to the copier to print. I tried plugging the ethernet cable from my computer to the copier and send something, it wont work that way. I have been sending it thru a ethernet cable network at our old office. Now we dont have the network and dont intend on getting it again, due to cost. Is there a link I can see or a suggested website to visit to know how to change the settings in the sharp ar-m208 to see my computer? In the past I have been scanning from the sharp to my computer when we where on the network. Can I still somehow scan to my computer like before, but without a network and just plug in the ethernet cable from my computer to the sharp copier?

I really would appreciate your help!!

Gayle

Senior Tech 100+ Posts Dustin(WOP)'s Avatar
    sure you can...what you can do is get a cross-over ethernet cable and hook one end to the copier and the other to your computer...you will have to unplug your internet for the time being, while you want to print then just unhook it when you want to use the internet and hook up your network cable. .....cross-over cables are used from device to device with no true networking interface....give this a try...all should be well

gayle39503

Copier ACM203 ethernet cable

Dustin: I hooked a ethernet cable from my computer to the copier and press send to copier, but nothing happened. I just hooked it straight to the copier as you would any copier and nothing happened. The copier works great, Is there a setting or something that needs to be changed?

Thank you kindly
    Gayle

no there shoudn't need to be a setting change...are you sure you are using a crossover cable and not a straight through? look at the ends of the cable should not be identical color wise/ same order???

gayle39503

cross over ethernet cable

I dont think its a cross over, Its just your regular ethernet cable. I will need to find one. Maybe at Best Buy or a computer store. Do I just ask for a cross over ethernet cable?

Thank you Dustin!! Bunches !!

yes, ask for a cat5 crossover cable...most computer places can make you one for really cheap...we charge $2.50 per 5 ft.

gayle39503

Crossover cable and usb

Dustin: I went to the local computer store with my Sharp AR-M208 manual and he told me that I should use the USB connect instead of a crossover ethernet cable. First----I cant even find a USB PORT on the copier. Can you please help me. He wants 12.99 for the crossover cable and I dont want to buy it without knowing for sure its the one I need

Thank you Gayle

USB

if you want to be able to print from just one computer then yes i would use a usb cable. some of these machines however do not come with a usb connection, i think it is an optional kit. If there is a usb plug then you should use usb. we only have 4 of these out in the field so not really to in depth on them. but all should be well if you hook up a usb, go to printers and faxes and select local attched and auto detect plug n play. hope this helps

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts The Otrain's Avatar
    Your easiest and quickest route is to just go and buy a 3 or 4 port hub/switch (you can get them used for less than $10). Place near the PC. Plug Sharp MFP, your pc and internet cable into the hub/switch. If you need help on programming the IP on the copier, just shoot me a private message or email.

Remember, you CAN'T use the scan function if you are going through USB. It has to be Ethernet.

gayle39503
    Otrain: where can I get the 3 or 4 port hub/switch (you can get them used for less than $10). do you know of a website? I would definately need help programming the IP.

Thank you
    Gayle