Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    jbusby825

MX-M450N vs MS Server 08 Active Directory

Is this possible??? I just purchased a Sharp MX-M450n and 2 things I am trying to do with it that I cannot figure out...

1. When I try to scan to a shared folder on my DNS server it errors out. I know the reason is b/c the DNS server is wanting the machine to authenticate with it as a legit user, but how do I set the machine up as a user on a DOMAIN?

2. When I try to email OUTSIDE of my exchange network it errors. It only allows me to email within my local network.

Any and all help is much appreciated!!!

Jesse

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    MX-M450N vs MS Server 08 Active Directory

Here is a "how to" for a older generation of your machine. Please see attachments below. The Jpg's are from a ARM455 which is close to your machine.

Much of the formating will be the same. For each section (SMTP,LDAP) there should be a spot to enter in the IP address, server name etc and then enter in user authenication. As for DNS requiring authentication im not sure if the machine will do that. From memory i don't remember seeing a spot to enter authentication for DNS but for my self i have never run across a setup that required it.

Usually to get the copier talking to the domain we use an administrator account to start for credentials on the copiers web page. Once we get every thing working properly we create a "copier" account in active directory and then enter those credentials into the copiers web page. After that test it, if it does not work the new account created in AD needs to be added to a group or something. Save your self a lot of frustration by using a do all be all user account when setting up. There is nothing more frustrating trying to get LDAP working thinking you have the wrong search root or something only to find the user account did not have rights to do that.

Lots of this is going off memory but i hope it gets you in the right direction
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Lawrence; 07-15-2009 at 03:05 PM.
    Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
    Its all shits and giggles until some body giggles and shits...