Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

MX2300N Registration Problems?

Hi Folks

Got a Mx2300 that has problem with the black moving when printing colour docs!

No problem with copying at all !

also better when printing A3! always A4 worse?

Self test colour charts sometimes prints NO black at all but generally Black moves about !

New firmware installed.

all parameters setup as should be...!!!

any ideas?????

thanks

OMD-227
    hey there Tinman.

I recall you asked this same question a few months ago for the same machine.
    I suggested you have a look at the PC driver config (1bit/4bit color) to see if that makes a difference. If the machine is functioning well on copies, it would seem to be a document or driver issue more than anything. How do other documents perform? Have you printed the 'problem' document from your laptop using latest drivers?
    Other than that, check the drive gear of the Primary Transfer belt. If that has a crack in it, you will get unexplained registration issues.
    Run sim 64-05 on a continuous loop (eg set multicount about 50). This will print the PCL test page with plenty of color & blk boxes. You will see any rego problems on this page if there is an internal problem with your machine.

Hi Wazza

yes same problem .... the machine is some miles away so i am having to rely on a trusted third party Sharp Techy who has more time on this model than me...

yep he has already set up the 64bit .. and still same

ran test sim 64-05 and it is that when black block moves and sometimes not printed at all ! all very wierd all colour patches ok.

he has tried new memory on MF board also no change

re set up laser config which helped a little ....

he recons the machine prints ok on A3 !

thats very strange ...

he is not sure what to do next and Sharp UK no Help !! ( no surprise there)

my customer now getting pissed,,, understandable..

would the transfer belt gear crack cause problems when copying though!

thanks for reply help very much apprieciated

OMD-227
    Tinman,
    Generally a small crack in the transfer belt drive gear will cause minor registration issues on copy & print.
    I would check the long steel shaft holding the LSU in place. It is directly behind the left side cover. I have seen this shaft come out of its rear hole position after the machine was moved locations. This caused registration issues that would be OK for some pages, then go bad, then come good. Registration adjust 50-22 & 50-20 would be OK and successful/no errors, then after about 20 pages, rego would go out again. Check that shaft is correctly seated. maybe even remove the LSU altogether and reseat it.
    Put A4 paper into the tray which has A3 in it now and test. A long shot would be a PF clutch timing problem. Also try running A4 from the Bypass tray for a while and see how it goes. Possible PS unit problem. Stop the machine halfway through a job and check the image on the belt. You have to be very quick doing this. It takes practice.
    My guess would be there is a rego problem on both A4 & A3. The A3 would be slightly harder to spot the problem on, unless it is a major rego issue.
    Is this happening on only certain documents or everything? Maybe print the problem documents on another machine and check the quality there.
    I've seen silly things like that before that you would not even consider to be a problem.

You certainly have a weird one there mate. Is it possible to scan some pages and post them here for better diagnosis?

Thanks Wazza

I will have to go and spend the day on site myself ..its a good possiblility of being the LSU shaft .. it has had the problem from day one but was never an issue they never planned to use the print features just copier . that changed though when a new secretary started recently !

I will pull off samples anyway and post for you to see .

speak soon fingers crossed.

cheers mate