Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: AR-M350

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts tcypy1961's Avatar

AR-M350

Thanks for the replys from the earlier thread on this copier concerning the F1-87 error code. There was another issue with the copier. The copies had lines which I feel are bias leak lines. I believe from what I saw on the drum I believe it to be the cause. Is there anything else that might cause these lines??? Paper travels through copier 11x8.5 lines are from side to side usually 2 per page equivalent to the circumference of the drum.
    Thanks!!!

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    AR-M350

Yes, correct. The drum ground bars are a normal result of high copy count on the OPC drum, or a place where the drum coating is scratched or worn through at the developer spacers. It doesn't have to be in the image area to be a problem. Interval is 95.5mm.
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    AR-M350

Unless the customer is running the machine hard with large jobs 99% of the time when i go to do a PM all the green OPC layer is gone just to either side of the cleaning blade were the red drum seals are touching the drum.

When you make 1 copy at a time so the machine starts and does a full stop and make 100 copies this way VS entering in 100 copies and hitting start, the drum rotation timer is much higher doing the single copies at a time since the machine does a quick drum cleaning before starting the print job which means more wear on the drum. Low monthly volume with small jobs means low drum yields.

Process control also looks at the drum rotation timer not the number of clicks on the drum so when you change the drum don't forget to reset 24-11 or the machine will not know you changed it.

On some of my customers i have changed 21-1 and lowered the PM cycle to 80k so i can get into the customers office before they really start complaining about light copies.
    Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
    Its all shits and giggles until some body giggles and shits...