Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    RKREDDY

Sharp AR-407 F2-37

So I read the postings on the forum about the code and how it is related to the drum and or cleaning blade, however they were talking about doing a 44-02 simulation. I Need to know how to get in to service modes to clear the code and/or do simulations to test the drum.

I was at customers office seviced drum put it back in and was working fine. Then code came back and even before that i could not get the f2 code to clear. Though copy quility is pretty bad on the machine is there a way to clear the code with out replacing the drum? Customer is pretty cheap I dont know if the wont to replace.

Most of all I need to know how to do sim. and what needs to be replaed baced on the code.

Thanks

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    Sharp AR-407  F2-37

To enter service mode: P > interrupt > C > interrupt

You'll need to run simulation 44-02 to recalibrate the drum mark sensor, and simulation 14 to reset the error.

The drum mark sensor reading can be out of the normal range because the developer is overtoned and dumping toner on the sensor face, or because the drum surface is excessively worn. Or both. In either case you won't be able to avoid parts usage.

Or you can use your Cougar as a very effective doorstop. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Technician
    I agree with Blackcat. You have to get a manual to understand more on SIM 44-2 an other trouble for this model.

Technician 250+ Posts
    I think Blackcat has it with the door stop idea. The machine probably needs a full PM. Drum, DV, Wires, KA1 kit,rollers,fuser,etc. If your customer is that cheap then they may be able to rent the machine as a door stop and make some money to put towards a PM. Or better yet, buy a new copier! Let them know the real deal and tell the customer what it will take to make the machine run as it should or you will always be going back to the machine and a frustrated customer thinking you cannot fix it properly. Good luck!