Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Sahrp MX-3501 Doc Feed Issue

Had a complaint that the Doc Feed was miss-feeding. Checked and Cleaned All Feed - Rubber was good. Everything seemed fine. Got another call with same issue. Changed Feed & Sep Rollers. Cleaned All Rollers Top-Side and and Below. Everything seemed fine.

Got another call with the same issue. Seems that Doc Feed feeds 4 or 5 sheets of paper then miss-feeds. I have had Sensor Signals - SPPD1 & 2, SPPD4 & 5. I have not done a Load Test yet.

Am I looking a changing a Torque Limiter or Transport Motor Clutch? Or is there something esle I should be looking at?

Input and suggestions appreciated.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

This Parts & Service manual can now be purchased for $11.77 and downloaded immediately after payment
    from

The Internet's largest collection of manuals

Paul@justmanuals.com

OMD-227
    Hey Tech2002,

You are in the same boat as me mate.

The doc feeder on these machines is a heavy, robust beast that looks like it can do everything. The problem is, it struggles badly when ANY of the paper transport rollers are even the slightest bit dirty!!!!
    There is a new main separation roller available for this (same as the dragon's etc etc). It works well. That fixes alot of issues with multifeeding, however, there is still alot of random paper transport jams if at least one of the rollers are dirty. The signals you mentioned are normal..... The paper is simply stopping through the doc feeder as it has lost grip of the rollers. I see this EVERY single freakin' day!
    Dont bother with changing any parts other than the main PF roller set under the top cover. All rollers, even the the white, guide rollers MUST be spotless for a reliable couple of days or weeks.

I have found that the cheaper papers, or any paper which has previously been stapled, gives these doc feeders alot of trouble. Any fresh new paper, with newly cleaned rollers, will work great (while you are there, and maybe for a few days afterwards).

I cant stress this enough to you, the rollers must be spotless, plenty of grip and use good quality paper.

This is an ongoing issue.... nothing you can do about it. Sorry dude.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

wazza - appreciate the update. What I didn't realize is that there is an update Roller.

I have 4 systems at this location and I only have this machine that does this. Clean? I know what you're talking about. I use a Rubber Rejuvinator Spray that smells bad but works wonders - for awhile. Everytime I go there I always clean the Doc Feed - All of the Rollers.

The Lower Black Feed Roller is one that I found can get slick and has given me alot of issues. Change it, and the system is fine - for awhile.

Anyways, I will once again do my thing cleaning - and again, my thanks to you!

OMD-227
    Change your DSPF rollers to these:

Pick Roller: was NROLR1475FCZZ, now NROLR1693FCZ2
    Separation Roller: was NROLR1476FCZ1, now NROLR1796FCZZ

Also,

Return Compression Spring: was MSPRT3489FCZ1, now MSPRT4027FCZZ

These work really well and have stopped alot of calls for doc feeder jams. Still clean all the transport rollers on each call as normal.

Service Manager 100+ Posts glewisme's Avatar

feeder issues

We had a lot of issues with these misfeeding until we changed to the updated rollers and spring now we haven't heard a peep from them at all.Also make sure you have the newest firmware. We had issues a while back jamming only when scanning we updated the firmware and never had the issues again.

Technician

MX-850DF kit will fit. They seem to be a little better.