Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by DanielNM View Post
    Were working on the same problem. I have talked to a couple of other techs and typically they have found either the MC Unit, the Main Drive Unit, the Devoloping Unit (Binding) or the Gears Broke in Toner waste removal section that have caused the L4-02 Code. We have Replaced the MC Unit, Toner Motor and are still getting the Error Code. The Developing Unit rotates smoothly. we have not found any Broken Gears. At this point we are wondering if the actual Main Motor or the Main Drive unit may be causing the Error Code. Any Postive Feedback ASAP would be Appreciated! Thanks! Daniel

Thanks! We will double check the Developer.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts TechGeek's Avatar

Just an F.Y.I.

I have also found that in the main drive gear assm. there are two gear located at the top that the shaft the gears spins on has old dried up grease and was binding up the drive unit. I took the main dive unit apart ( a Pain in the rear) and cleaned and lube. Works good.

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by TechGeek View Post
    I have also found that in the main drive gear assm. there are two gear located at the top that the shaft the gears spins on has old dried up grease and was binding up the drive unit. I took the main dive unit apart ( a Pain in the rear) and cleaned and lube. Works good.

We have already ordered the Main Drive Unit. Should be in Today. I have also heard it's a pain. About 2 hours or so to change it. I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks! Daniel

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    L4-02 on ARM 455

Start by removing all the consumable units: drum, dev., fuser, reg unit, delivery/turnover. Then back cover, left side door assembly, and the left door's rear rail. The rest should be simple enough to figure out.

My best advice is don't rush re-assembly. Make sure you get all the connectors back where they belong at every stage. Otherwise you'll be back in there digging for loose connectors. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Check the waste toner transport gear that in rear drum unit.may be tight and stuck by waste toner

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by DanielNM View Post
    We have already ordered the Main Drive Unit. Should be in Today. I have also heard it's a pain. About 2 hours or so to change it. I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks! Daniel

Thanks! I used to live in Michigan back in the 70's. We replaced the MDU last week and it's doing great. It took us about an hour or so and all went well. Appreciate your input! Daniel

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts bilyahn's Avatar
    One other place to look is at the registration assembly. Had a unit with 30K start getting this code and the bushings for the registration roller were gummed up and it's operation was very stiff. Might be helpful in the future as I have had all of the previously mentioned problems as well.

Good luck and happy Holidays.

Bil

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by bilyahn View Post
    One other place to look is at the registration assembly. Had a unit with 30K start getting this code and the bushings for the registration roller were gummed up and it's operation was very stiff. Might be helpful in the future as I have had all of the previously mentioned problems as well.

Good luck and happy Holidays.

Bil
    Cool! Thanks Bill for the heads up! Daniel