Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: arm 350/450

Technician

arm 350/450

Hey this isnt an issue post but i was wondering if anyone has had endless trouble with the arm 350 and 450. we have about 20-30 out in the field and the majority of our calls are on them, i mean is it just me or are these particular machines a heap of crap? i would just like to see other peoples point of view, we have stoped deal ing with these machines but the existing ones are still a pain in the rear.

also if you wouldn,t mind posting what your common fults are with them would be great

regards
    nick

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    arm 350/450

I like the Tiger & Jupiter better than the Cougar & Sharshiba. For the most part, the machines improve a little with each generation.
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

OMD-227
    I have dealt with possibly hundreds of Tiger's over the years. They are a great machine.... as long as every modification & service bulletin/part number upgrade is carried out. A reliable machine once all mods are done.

The Jupiter and Jupiter2's are obviously a much better machine, although based on the same engine design.

Do the mods.... and you will have probably half as many calls!

Technician
    hmm i am refering only to the 2 machines ar-m350 and ar-m450, the rest of the ar-m series are fine by comparison, its just those 2 particular models that seem to cause us trouble, mind you in about 95% of them we have the up to date mods and firmware its just i find them a nightmare in regards to laser units, dev units and turn over units. but if no one else has found them to be like this then maybe we just had a bad run with them...

thanks again
    nick

OMD-227
    Hey Nick,

I am refering to the same machines as you, just calling them by their series name.... instead of the model number.... its abit easier to reference machines by their series name sometimes. By saying Tiger series... that is the ARM350/450. Jupiter is the ARM351/451.

Are you a Sharp dealer? If you are, you have access to all the mods, firmware & bulletins that make these machines run alot better.
    I agree that there are issues with them, but as a whole, they are pretty good. They are the smallest machines that I service, so I think they are good, easy to service and if you have complete units in the car to changeover while in the field, its pretty straight forward.

Without the mods done, they are a bitch.

Also, if you can get away with it at some locations, make sure the pre-heat & sleep mode timers are activated. If the machines get a rest during the day, the fuser & turnover units generally last alot longer than specified or recommended.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Wazza and blackcat are right. This models are damn superb. I love them. As long as those maintenance is done according to their dues, there's no problem with these machines.

My company sold one to a dealer for own usage, who didn't do any service except changing drums when due. It ran 700k and still running. We asked any jamming, he said no. I was surprised . Until recently the dv unit completely worn out(this is when i saw the m/c is damn dirty, i knew they never do any servicing)..we replaced and they continue. I still haven't do any repairing on their fusing unit yet.

Great machines! Cheers!

Hell we have a couple of these things pushing 4 million copies. Now compared to dragons they are a little more problematic. But like previous statements keep up to date.

Technician
    ok thanks for you input guys, the reason im asking is i only have 18 months experiance on copiers, being the junior tech i get the majority of these machines as my service calls, but its interesting to see that you guys dont seem to have the same kinda trouble that we have with them. i'll have a chat to the service manager about what you have all said, thaks again

nick

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    arm 350/450

Depending on meter, replace the PS roller assembly and the delivery/turnover assembly (about $200 total). This should remove most main body jam issues (or all of them). The AR-FN6 finisher reverse gate (black) has a tendency to stick to the noise dampener pad (black foam), remove or replace it or you could be there every morning after it sits. Don't let the transfer roller go too long, it helps keep things run cleaner. The tandem tray desk unit sucks and the 3-tray desk is much better.
    Once these are dialed in, the only frequent maintenance is the sep pad on the ADF and the foam rollers on the ADF exit (use new style or the noise dampening pad from the AR-275 offset assembly; its cheap and works great without deterioration). We have a couple with over 2 million and can't get the customer to upgrade 'cause they work too well. DONT use generic drums and generic toner is usually junk from what I've seen.

Technician
    haha ok thanks i'll keep that in mind