Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    jazzfanatic

MX2300N Call for service code F2-65

What does this service code mean and is it something that we can check on first ourselves?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts Si@danwood's Avatar
    Issues with the process control are you a tech or end user?

jazzfanatic
    I just help out occasionally with IT projects (networking, printers, etc) here at my business. I am somewhere in the middle between a service tech and end user.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts Si@danwood's Avatar
    Well i am not 100% on the exact cause of this as i do not have the correct manual to hand but you will need some technical training/resources to rectify this paticular issue as F2 codes on Sharp kit(as i recall) genarally refers to Process control issues..Si

jazzfanatic
    I don't think it is necessarily the process control, because on this same forum the f2-64 code was listed and it was said to be the Bk Toner supply.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

This Parts & Service manual can now be purchased for $11.77 and downloaded immediately after payment
    from http://www.justmanuals.com

Paul@justmanuals.com

Senior member of CRS 2,500+ Posts

F2-65 is the Cyan toner supply abnormality; could be caused by a blocked toner transport pipe from the toner cartridge to the DV unit.
    "You can't trust your eyes, if your mind is out of focus" --

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

more than likely the toner cart was stored upright instead of flat, and was not shook when installed, hence a large mass of toner on one side of the cart that the stirring parts and augers cant overcome. Or a blocked toner pipe, (although these are very rare for me) Or the drive gears and belts on the rear frame of the developer unit are skipping(or worse broken, if its skipping you will see it in the copy quality, and probably hear it) (Happens more often on black), if they are, a full tear down and cleaning of all bushings bearings and shafts is probably needed (high count machines usually need this around 1.5 mill.) If you aren't a trained tech do not try to do any fixes, other than trying a second well shook cyan cart, past that call a trained tech

jazzfanatic
    Well, it was the cyan toner, and it appeared whoever installed it only took off a piece of the tab. Simple fix obviously, just strange the problem didn't show up until now because that was apparently replaced a long time ago. Thanks everyone.

Technician
    For future reference:

I had the same Code:F2-65. on a MX-5001N copier and the solution was replacing the Waste Toner Box. I tried shaking the cyan several times and it didnt help. Then I noticed that the Waste Toner Box was overflowing cyan so I tried replacing it and when I turned the copier off/on the code went away!