Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Sharp MX5001 dumping black developer

I have a MX5110n that has depleted the cyan developer twice within a week. Change the developer unit the first time and the drum unit the second time. Seems to be holding for now. Maybe we should be using the conductor grease that the new MX-1810_2010_2310_2610_3110_3111_3610 shows on the tool list, ( which is the first I have seen from Sharp) of the service manual. Conduction grease (FLOIL GE-676) UKOG-0012QSZZ

waldo

I've had this many times on a range of models and found the main charge grid to be the culprit, either dirty or oxidises resulting in dev to dump.Some times I've seen when the drums have scrubbed out at one end throwing toner on to main charge and causing the same result.

Systems Intergrator 50+ Posts rgcs1's Avatar

There are now Modified Drum units to stop this form happening now. These new units have the new type of seals in that should stop this problem the way to tell is the Drum cover has a White Square on the front. (See attached PDF that i have enclosed)

We have also been told to change Dev at the same time as the Drum unit, Re-calibrated the machine with the Jig and make sure that the Latest Firmware is on the machine. For the MX5001 it is Version - 05.00.J2

hope this helps

MX4101N-MX5001N568.pdfMX4101N-MX5001N568.pdf
    MX4101N-MX5001N568.pdfMX4101N-MX5001N568.pdf

Technician
    Sharp MX5001 dumping black developer

Had same issue on both mx-5001 and mx-5111 on several machines. Replaced drum unit on both problem hasn't come back.

Yes to repeat several points already made....we have several mainly color Sharp copiers that dump the developer into the waste container and it gets very expensive. The hotline told us to change the HV pwb which did not resolve the issue. Its definitely a charging issue and we replace and clean DV units Main Charge units and some times they still pull DV. Make sure the drums are good with no metal showing on the ends. We have our Sharp DSM coming in tomorrow so we'll see if he sheds anymore light on the subject......
    . Good thread thanks guys!

We have a Sharp rep here today and went on two calls both pulling developer out of yellow and magenta.....He is saying the waste toner container is causing the problem....the foam seals on the waste toner box that seals the holes the dv units slide into are damaged or missing probably from being vacuumed so many times. He said it acts like vacuum and goes directly to the charge units. He also said MX_M4141/5151 have the new style DV covers but on all the others even a new dv unit will need the new style DV covers. The covers have vents/filters in them that prevent the dv unit pressure from pushing toner out the seals on the ends of the mag roller. I sure hope this fixes our issues...as we have thrown a lot of $$ at it.