Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Owner/Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    MX-FN10 Saddle Stitch problem

We have an FN10 that is giving us varying folding positions. It's serial number indicates it was mfg. April 2009. According to TB307R & TB360, the finisher was made after the production cut in dates. I've attached the 22-6 print. Firmware is up to date. Any ideas appreciated.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Hope that helps !
    -Tony

www.dtios.com
    Become a fan on Facebook

OMD-227
    Hi Tony,

We have had alot of the same problems. After the F1-08 issues were sorted out (staple unit phase deviation), we have had heaps of calls on varying folding positions & saddle unit jams.

There is a mylar deep down inside the middle of the finisher which needs to be replaced or refitted. Our service supervisor has done alot of them in the workshop, while a loan FN10 has been sent out. The whole finisher gets split into two halves to access it. Total pain in the ass.

I am sending you the service bulletins on inconsistant folding positions and all the FN10 improvements to your email.

Basically, we have had no further problems with these FN10's after the bulletins/mods are done. If you dont do them, they are the biggest piece of sh*t imaginable!

The FN10's have been our biggest problem for the last few months. Now they seem to be much better.

Wazza thanks for the help. We'll get on it this week & I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks as always & have a good Christmas !!!
    Hope that helps !
    -Tony

www.dtios.com
    Become a fan on Facebook

Wazza, all the parts on the finisher are of the correct versions. I thought it was as the finisher was manufactured after the production cut in dates. We did find that the gate on the side of the folding unit was loose causing the crooked folds. Our problem seems to be if we adjust letter-R and get that folding position good, then ledger is off & vice versa. Unfortunately they run both sizes so we can't just adjust for one or the other. I can't find anything in the SM on how it adjusts for sizes. I assume it's counting pulses of the motor ? Any other ideas ?
    Hope that helps !
    -Tony

www.dtios.com
    Become a fan on Facebook

OMD-227
    By how much are you talking the fold position to be out??

If you are able to adjust the finisher to work great with one orientation & size, then all other trays & paper sizes should also be within spec. If not, I'd be thinking about adjusting tray & paper centering in each tray. Its a long shot, but I haven't come across your particular problem before.

I'll do some asking around.

Re: MX-FN10 Saddle Stitch problem

Quote Originally Posted by OMD-227 View Post
    Hi Tony,

We have had alot of the same problems. After the F1-08 issues were sorted out (staple unit phase deviation), we have had heaps of calls on varying folding positions & saddle unit jams.

There is a mylar deep down inside the middle of the finisher which needs to be replaced or refitted. Our service supervisor has done alot of them in the workshop, while a loan FN10 has been sent out. The whole finisher gets split into two halves to access it. Total pain in the ass.

I am sending you the service bulletins on inconsistant folding positions and all the FN10 improvements to your email.

Basically, we have had no further problems with these FN10's after the bulletins/mods are done. If you dont do them, they are the biggest piece of sh*t imaginable!

The FN10's have been our biggest problem for the last few months. Now they seem to be much better.
    I am currently having similar issue, please can you email me these information so i can fix it over here. You help will be highly appreciated.