Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: mx-m3501n

tweek65

mx-m3501n

banding problems.only on heavy paper.180grams and up.machine has the lastest firmware.the band seems to be in the same place everytimee? adj speeds and timing, no change?And of coarse most of the coping the customer does is cardstock?

OMD-227
    MX3501N?

Are you using the bypass tray with heavy paper setting?

If you use heavy paper on a plain paper setting, the first few pages will work ok, then non-fusing begins. The heavy paper passing through at plain paper speed definitely gives a banding that is easily seen on heavy-coverage pages.

Is this the banding you are speaking of, or is it the usual worn drum/mc grid banding? Better description of your problems?

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    mx-m3501n

I hope that your feeding this stock from the manual feed and that you have it designated as heavy paper on the copier and in the print driver.

If you're seeing a line blurr crossfeed, 94.5mm from the trail edge of letter size 52 lb cardstock. 20 lb paper looks fine. Adjust Resist Timing, simulation 51-2, Engine, "G. Manual Feed Heavy Paper Short" (25 to 10). Select heavy paper in bypass paper type, and in print properties paper type. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    mx-m3501n

Blackcat may be on the right track, had a 2700n do a band on cardstock once before, and an older thread here mentioned banding because of the speed difference between the fuser motor and the RRM motor, downside is my cust was using an 11x17 32lb paper and after adjusting the mot speed, at the trail edge a slight bit of misregistration occured. I probably could have dialed it in better for them but their paper supply was limited. (This would have been a post from about 3-5 mos ago.) sorry I cant remember the specifics.

OMD-227
    You guys are right about the speed difference in the motors & rego etc etc, but you dont need to even touch any of that if you are using correct heavy paper, heavy paper setting on bypass tray & pc driver settings. Never seen a case of needing to adjust speed differences yet, and we've got 1600 MX's out there.

tweek65
    It is thru the bypass tray.that im having the problem.also i cant seem to get the lead edge void small its suppose to be 3-2 millmeters.the machine is at 11 millmeters.i cant seem to change that.And again its only on the heavier cardstock.199grams, or 185grams index.im on my way to try the slowing of the fuser speed now.

OMD-227
    How is the quality of the PF rollers in the bypass tray? Replace if worn or done around 100K.

Dismantle the lower half of the side door to clean the internal transport rollers of the door after the PF unit. Dirty rollers in there will cause paper slip.

Run 50-28 print adjust (select all, not lead or offset) for the bypass tray. This will reset your margins back to normal if they are out.

Are you sure the bypass tray is working Ok with plain paper, with no margin problems? If it is OK, I'm thinking the heavy media is slipping.
    Check operation of the PPD2 sensor and clean the rego rollers.

Maybe a long-shot, but check the drive gear on the primary transfer belt unit. If it is cracked in the center pin, the belt not rotating correctly could be causing bad rego and timing problems.... I've seen it before, not common, but worth a look.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    mx-m3501n

tweaks: have you designated heavy paper in bypass paper type, and in driver paper type settings? You seem to be skirting this issue. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

tweek65
    And yes i have designated heavy paper from the bypass tray and the drivers same issue.I adj fuser speed and moter speed and has seemed to taken care of the issue.I hope...thanks for the help everyone.still need to do the lead edge adj.