Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    aroffice

Sharp AL1655CS Adf problems

We have a sharp al1655cs that is giving an intermittent "check SPF/RSPF. We check the sensors and they seem to be ok. It ususally does this first copies in the morning.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Sharp AL1655CS Adf problems

Ive never worked on this model but the AR168 which looks identical had this problem lots.

1. When you open the lid of the DF there should be 2 black lines on the front frame side and rear frame side on the underside of the DF painted onto the white reference plate. If those lines are gone or are missing spots you will get this code. I have actully filled them in with a black pen and it takes care of the problem until some body wipes it off.

2. make sure your optics are clean. I found on this model especially in a dirty enviorment the mirrors get a film on them on the outside edges and they can no longer see the black lines on the white ref plate on the DF. Make sure you check all the mirrors, there is 1 mirror that is kind of hidden and ive had it get dirty as well.

3. Put 25 peices of paper on the glass, close the lid and run Sim 41-06 to run the OC Float adjustment.

All this information is based on the AR168 but i can't see your machine being any differnt. Pictures look pretty much the same but it has differnt color panels.
    Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
    Its all shits and giggles until some body giggles and shits...