Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts bilyahn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pcernicky View Post
    Thx bilyahn, I'll try that tomorrow. is it on the bottom where the DV unit slides out?
    Sorry, I should of mentioned you access it from the left side after you open the sliding door. It's the large black roller just below the drum unit.

Technician 250+ Posts
    Is the toner at 20% or less? Replace the toner and redo all your adjustments then run off a couple hundred copies.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mtech View Post
    Is the toner at 20% or less? Replace the toner and redo all your adjustments then run off a couple hundred copies.
    I put fresh toner in and run about 250 copies, same issue, still grey, when I do sky shot i'm getting lighter pattern almost like a mag roller from dv unit every couple of inches. is it ok for dv to be at 80 shouldn't it be around 125?

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Check the drum earth plate. Maybe not touching the drum shaft. As for dv, check the connections inside the copier. Toners do spills some around there. I do sometimes get dv value that is incorrect. After trying inserting the dv unit a couple of times, I checked the value has changed. It is probably the connection sticking some toners. You might try also cleaning the TD sensors.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Thank you all. I cleaned all connections and the drum plate. Still the same problem. I ran a copy and the image on the drum is perfectly black, so the dv and drum are fine but it seems like there is somethong not right with transfer roller. I took it apart, cleaned adjust the pressure springs and still the same issue. I just ordered a new tranfer roller and im replacing it tomorrow. Any suggestions why is this happening, the copier has 30k on the transfer roller.

Thank you all.

Hi,
    try to check Transfert High Voltage.
    The HV PCB could be defective.

Good Luck!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Thank you wtroll. I'll try that tomorrow. Today i played with the transfer roller and found out that the image is not being transferred completely to the paper but its still on the drum. So I adjusted the pressure for the transfer roller by making the plastic washer / wheel next to the gear on the transfer roller smaller about 2mm and I got decent image transfer ( better than before) but still not 100% like it should be. I still have on the top part of the image grayish area that I can't adjust or get rid of.

Why do I have the same issue on 2 other copiers?

Thank you all.

Service Manager 250+ Posts Silvertoast's Avatar
    another thought. the side doors on this are bad about warping especially if the du4 duples is installed. usually this leads to have the image missing. but could cause ur issue also i would assume.

try pressing in on the door when u make a copy and see if it produces a better copy.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    I tried that, same issue. The only thing that helped was to make the plastic washer on transfer roller smaller.

Never had this problem before....

The same issue on two other AR-M450 ???
    Very strange.
    Mmmh...like an humidity paper problem.