Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    I would try replacing the DC power supply. It is a known problem with this family of copiers, especially if your machine has the older revision board in it. You will know if its the older one because it will have a smaller board on top of it called a filter board. Those power supplies were complete crap. Ive seen this issue alot and 8/10 times its the DC power supply if youve already tried replacing the developer and running SIM25-2. The boards can be had through Hytec for about 80 dollars last time I checked.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    AR -M450 copy quality problem, pls help!

It has been almost 2 months since your last post. Were you able to resolve problem? Initially I mentioned the main charger but I hadn't read the posts from beginning and wasn't aware you had problem on 3 separate machines. I have been having a similar problem in that the copy is lighter at top or rear side of machine. I changed drum, developer, main charger and swapped whole process unit and transfer roller. My next move was change dv unit in case mag roller problem. I thought about possibility of LSU.and repn1999 mentions possibility of dc power supply. Just wondering what outcome was for you. Frank/Action Photocopy

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    I wrote this on another post, but I have seen this problem before several times. I usually replace the DV first because its easy and cheap. Before I install the new DV I clean the unit really well. Then I clean the mag roller with a little D INK and then go back over with 96% alcohol. Let it dry. Takes maybe 5 mins. Then put the new DV in, install and run 25-2. Usually fixes the problem. But sometimes it doesnt. The next thing I do is swap a known good DV unit in it. We have one on the service shelve just for this purpose. Run a couple copies with the known good unit. Id say like 5. If they are still grey, I say your DC power supply needs replacing. I bet I have replaced 50 of those this year. They are kinda common to go out, especially if you have the older version one. You can tell the difference between them because the older one has a smaller board on top of it called an AC Filter board. Those DC power supplys are complete junk. If you have one made my Nichicon, more then likely its a newer one. But those still fail. Sometimes if you take the powersupply out, and unmount the board from its metal housing and turn it over, you can see dicoloration of the PCB around where the failed parts are. I have even seen this on a couple of the very first ARM355N copiers. We have around 600 ARM450/455 class machines in the field so I think Ive seen a good deal. I also happen to be Sharp certified on that model

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    AR -M450 copy quality problem, pls help!

Swapping ot dv unit took care of problem. Thanks for the information repn1999. Though I see few 350/450 machins I will keep your info handy if needed. Frank