Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: MX-3100 C4-02

Technician

MX-3100 C4-02

I have a Sharp MX-3100 with a C4-02 error code. I have replaced the following parts. The new spring, cover (from tech bulletin 316) and the heater itself. I also have replaced the PTC board and the MX310UI transfer belt assy. I can get the copier to operate by turning off the PTC heater sim 55-1, the copier works but the C4-10 error shows on the display.

OMD-227
    I've been in the same situation.

But, there is a fix.

Dont bother ordering the individual spring & cover. Order the whole PTC unit DUNT-8051DS11 (new part number), then most importantly..... RESET the PTC unit in sim 24-04.

A PTC unit failure doesnt seem to clear permanently unless you replace the part & RESET the PTC counter.

I carry a few of the PTC units in my car these days, just in case.
    Also make sure the firmware is current.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    MX-3100 C4-02

RESETING seems to very important. I had trouble with the PTC causing jamming in a totally unrelated area but after replacing the PTC and then RESETING the counter it stopped.

Funny enough it was Wazza who told me this

Ive also had 1 case of C4-02 with the upgraded PTC and it still hacked up the code. Im also carrying a PTC for stock.

Oh yea and make sure your sitting in a chair when you order the bloody thing. They are like $170 bucks or something. You can order a entire transfer belt kit for 20 bucks more.
    Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
    Its all shits and giggles until some body giggles and shits...

Technician
    Thanks alot for your help. Installing the entire PTC unit fix the error. Sharp dropped the price to $100.

Ima-mi

Re: MX-3100 C4-02

I have a sharp MX-3100, with F2-43 error message. I've tried installing different yellow cartridges (AT, FT, GT, etc) as the problem seems to be with the yellow cartridge, but all to no avail. I guess the problem started when I cleared the memory of the MFP. Please can anyone help with a solution.

I also have a sharp MX-2600 with a C4-02 error code, I tried changing the enging sw in sim 55-1 to enable it work for the time being before I can replace the PTC unit, but that doesn't seem to be responding, can anyone help with a solution and where can I get the latest firmware to download? Thanks