Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    MX-M350 AND MX-M450 jamming

The toner lumps can be scraped off, but the warping is difficult to fix. After a few attempts with a heat gun, I gave up and just replace them. Good Luck. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    MX-M350 AND MX-M450 jamming

That sensors actuator just in the duplex unit (AINPD) where the paper goes in was prone to having left over plastic from the mold and would cause the actuator to stick down just a hair to long. I would push on it with a little screw driver and when i released it some times it would stay down for a extra half a second and then pop up. After filing the leftover mold off problem solved. You would see lots of AINPD_S in the log.

On these machines if you get jamming in duplex or left side paper exit and the machine has around 400-600k i would look at replacing the entire turn over unit. Lots of plastic and heat up there. I find the paper path gets all gummed up with dirt and toner, things warp and the rollers get dried out and baked.
    Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
    Its all shits and giggles until some body giggles and shits...

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    You said you replaced the delivery turn over unit in a couple so this won't help much for those machines. I just finished on an M455 with AINPD_N codes. Paper was going into or under the reverse gate when duplexing or exiting to the left tray. This was due to the paper not clearing the gate before reversing direction.The paper did not travel far enough to the right before changing direction. I put extra tension on the 2 actuator arm springs in the turn over unit (just beyond the fuser). Also, I cleaned up some kind of residue that had built up in the paper path of the turn over unit. The fan draws toner and dust up into that area. I believe it could have been slowing down the paper travel. Anyway, it seems to be working fine now.

Service Tech 50+ Posts jasonofx's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence View Post
    That sensors actuator just in the duplex unit (AINPD) where the paper goes in was prone to having left over plastic from the mold and would cause the actuator to stick down just a hair to long. I would push on it with a little screw driver and when i released it some times it would stay down for a extra half a second and then pop up. After filing the leftover mold off problem solved. You would see lots of AINPD_S in the log.

On these machines if you get jamming in duplex or left side paper exit and the machine has around 400-600k i would look at replacing the entire turn over unit. Lots of plastic and heat up there. I find the paper path gets all gummed up with dirt and toner, things warp and the rollers get dried out and baked.
    Thanks for the info. In the OP i stated that i had just replaced the turnover units in the 1st 2 machines. Am replacing it in the 3rd machine tomorrow.

Service Manager 250+ Posts Silvertoast's Avatar
    i usually find that with the ainpd codes the sensor is actualy bad. it is very easy to replace