Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sharp ARM350N

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    Sharp ARM350N

The U6-02 is a tray #4 lift error, and totally unrelated to your NIC troubles. The most common causes of a lift error are:

1) that the paper guides are not snugged up to the paper. You see, the paper empty sensor is at the far left of the paper tray, and drops through that hole in the lift plate when paper is empty. If paper is present in the tray, but not contacting the paper empty sensor, the lift motor will continue lifting until it either tries to push the paper through the tray above and overloads, or it just times out after a certain number of seconds.
    2) paper may be behind the tray interfering with the engagement of the lift drive coupler. Just remove the tray and look all the way to the back for paper jammed into the lift drive coupler.

To clear out the error: P * C*, 15, Start, 1: Yes, Start, CA

It does sound as if you have a defective NIC. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts DINGO's Avatar

re

Hi
    For me, seems that the print network card is not of this copier, may be was of another 350n, and in this case you can ping but not work.

Mi first coment, do you remenber, was you are sure that the copier was work well before?

Not out of the head because these copiers are very easy to configure as a printer, that correct drive,
    good cable conetion and done.

good look

Service Manager 250+ Posts Silvertoast's Avatar
    ^^^ the u6-02 is a paper lift error on tray2 or lcc2 ( i beleive thats the tray number) what will cause this is a peice of paper behind the tray preventing the motor from lifting the tray,
    or the motor it self has bound up and the coupler can not pop back out to connect with the tray.
    if this is the case just remove the lift motor, insert a screw driver sideways across the teeth and twist and hold a second till the coupler moves freely on the shaft again

Senior member of CRS 2,500+ Posts
    Sharp ARM350N

For your network problem, did you reset the NIC through the key OP programs? This should put all settings to factory defaults, if that doesn't help, I think there is a hard reset (but I don't remember how it is done, I'll do some checking). When you "ping" the IP address are you getting slow reply times or no responses?
    Last edited by ZOOTECH; 02-24-2010 at 12:20 AM. Reason: I'm a slow typist.
    "You can't trust your eyes, if your mind is out of focus" --

orlandobill

Sharp ARM350N

Hey Everyone,

Thanks for all the responses.

I did purchase a service manual and was able to clear out the U6-02 error, blackcat told me to do myself a favor and invest in a service manual...good advice. I also tried all the other wonderful suggestions.

Can anyone suggest an inexpensive vendor for the AR-NC5J nic card, or does Sharp repair/fix defective AR-NC5J cards????

Have a great week!

Bill

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Sharp ARM350N

didn't notice page 2 was made and every body said how to fix u6-02 lol
    Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
    Its all shits and giggles until some body giggles and shits...

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts bilyahn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by orlandobill View Post
    Hey Everyone,

Thanks for all the responses.

I did purchase a service manual and was able to clear out the U6-02 error, blackcat told me to do myself a favor and invest in a service manual...good advice. I also tried all the other wonderful suggestions.

Can anyone suggest an inexpensive vendor for the AR-NC5J nic card, or does Sharp repair/fix defective AR-NC5J cards????

Have a great week!

Bill
    You can try this before you go to the expense of a new NIC card.

During normal operation Jumper J7 is set across pins 1 and 2. To reset the NIC to factory defaults, move the jumper J7 so that it is set across both pins in row 2. Insert the NIC back into the Print Controller and power ON the Imager. The Orange colored LED will flash continuously and the Imager s LCD will indicate System Check . The NIC will be reset to factory defaults once the Imager s LCD indicates that its Online and Ready to Print . Power OFF the Imager and set Jumper J2 across pins 1 and 2 for normal operation and reinstall it into the Imager.

This is the "hard reset" for the nic card. Had to do this one time and it did get the card to work properly again. This is from Sharpnet but there seems to be a misprint as it states J7 and J2 which I believe it means J2 for both of them.

Good luck.

Bil

orlandobill

Sharp Nic Card

Thanks for all the replys...,

I will reset the NIC card today and let you know what the results are... I was also going to try a different cable from an adjacent printer that is working properly.

I'm not going to let this machine beat me!!!!

I started my career as an electronic tech maintaining equipment in a semiconductor wafer fabrication facility for 16 years, I'm currently a .NET programmer, but I miss a good challenge with an uncooperative machine....but I also miss the unlimited spare parts I had access too!

Life is good!

Bill

orlandobill
    I finally had a break thru....I'm embarassed to say the actual problem was..... an intermittant ethernet cable, as soon as I switched cables everything worked !

This was a great learning experience for me and I want to thank everyone who responded and helped me.

I learned about simulation mode...got off my ass and purchased a service manual, learned about the AR-NC5J aka. nic card/print server and how to RESET it... I'm so pumped, I think I'm gonna tackel that U6-02 problem tomorrow!

Thanks
    Bill

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    Sharp ARM350N

Congratulations! Good luck on the next part. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=