Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sharp ARM350N

orlandobill

Sharp ARM350N

Hello,

Our office has a Sharp ARM350N copier, I am trying to set it up to the network so we can print from it, it was purchased from a business that went under and we do NOT have any documentation or software.

I tried to reach Sharp USA, but to no avail, they keep referring me to contact the dealer it was purchased from.

Here is my question... from the research i have made, the AR-M350N has network card built in as standard, I have setup the NIC on the cpoier to use the address 192.168.1.96. When I try to ping that address from a computer on the network, there is no answer.

The router port the AR-M350N is connected to is acting like it is hooked up to a network connection. (its blinking)

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks
    Bill

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts DINGO's Avatar

re

Hi
    Assuming that the copier is good and and of course you put an ip the same range of your network, put the port type LPR, whith the name f. lp, and must be work.

If not pay attention to the antivirus and firewall.

good look

orlandobill

ARM350N

Hi, thanks for the quick reply!

I have another network printer setup at 192.168.1.97 (my range goes to 192.168.1.100) and I can ping that.

I recently (yesterday) 'reset' the NIC interface and UNCHECKED DHCP box and set the copier to... IP 192.168.1.96, Mask 255.255.255.0, and the Gateway to 192.168.1.1.

I will try the port type setting tomorrow and update the post.

thanks
    Bill

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Sharp ARM350N

Sometimes forgotten, make sure you shut the copier off after changing IP address and then turn it back on.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    Sharp ARM350N

If you weren't using it as a printer and didn't see a CE-00, TCP/IP is Off.

To turn On TCP/IP go to Custom Settings > Key Op Settings > Network Settings > check Enable TCP/IP.
    Also go to simulation 66-01, set soft switch 103 bit 8 to "0" (with or without AR-FX5).
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

orlandobill

Sharp AR-M350N

The copier complains/Alerts about the power off thing automatically, but thanks for the reply.

Also, the green LED on the back of the copier next to the ethernet port does blink green when the ethernet cable is inserted.

Is it true that the AR-M350 with the 'N' as a suffix denotes that the copier has a built in network/nic card? I've read this, but I'm not a copier tech.

Thanks everyone

Bill

orlandobill

AR-M350N

Hey Blackcat!

I was able to turn on the tcp/ip via the printer settings menu of the Key op menu. So I'm good trhere.

Your losing me when you mention "didn't see a CE-00" and "simulation 66-01, set soft switch 103 bit 8 to "0".

I was able to download a manual in PDF format from Sharp Eastern Europe website...
    Sharp - Support

Thanks Bill

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    Sharp ARM350N

A "CE-00" error presents whenever TCP/IP is On and the network cable is not connected to a live network.
    Go to the Maintenance Modes section of your manual to run simulation 66-01. I don't have a machine handy, so I won't be able to coach you with the exact keystrokes. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts bilyahn's Avatar
    Have you opened a browser and tried to access the machines webpage? Did you also ping the address that you are using without the copier connected to see if there is a conflict with another device?

Good luck.

Bil

orlandobill

Sharp ARM350N

Hey Everyone,

I tried alot of stuff with this copier and I concluded that the AR-NC5J card must be defective. I removed and reinstalled the NIC card.

When I run the NICManager program, other network printers show up, but the ARM350N shows up after awhile, then when I click on it I get 'Communication Error'.

I got my hands on the Service Manaual, but that didn't help.

I am getting an error on the arm350n, U6-02, not sure what that means something about the Paper TRAY DESK Trouble. The service manual doesn't do a great job with that code.

Thanks for all the help!

Bill