Thread: MXC311 L4-16

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts gwaddle's Avatar

MXC311 L4-16

Had 2 of these last week. One on a machine which was modified per TB317 and one that wasn't. I went ahead and did the mods on the one, even though the actuator wasn't broken like I've always seen before. But the real problem was that the solenoid had come loose. Fixed that one.

The other one, the modified one, I can't see any problem. Anyone seen anything else causing this code that I might look for? Thanks

OMD-227

Info from bulletins in Oz.

Check if the pressure release control lever (MLEVP1113FCZZ) or the pressure release detect actuator (MLEVP1112FCZ2) is not broken. Ensure there is sufficient grease between the fusing gear and pressure release drive gear.

When securing the pressure release detect actuator to the pressure release drive
    mounting plate with the E-ring, the E-ring may scratch the pressure release detect
    actuator. If the pressure release detect actuator becomes scratched, the E-ring may catch the scratched area which in turn, may cause a pressure release detect actuator
    malfunction and resulting L4-16 trouble code (Fusing pressure release trouble).

To prevent the E-ring from scratching the pressure release detect actuator, a poly slider has been added between the pressure release detect actuator and E-ring. In addition, the shapes of the pressure release detect actuator and the pressure release detect plate N have also been changed accordingly.

The new pressure release detect actuator, new type pressure release detect plate N and newly added poly slider must all be installed at the same time otherwise, L4-16 trouble may still be experienced when using a mixed combination of original and new type parts.

Attached Images Attached Images

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts gwaddle's Avatar
    As I said, this one is already modified per the bulletin you mentioned. Actuator is not broken. Just wondered if there was any other problems anyone has seen.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    MXC311 L4-16

Re: MXC311 L4-16

In addition to all of the above, I have found many fusers where all of these items are fine (& some where techs have replaced some or all of them) & the fuser still frequently fails to pressurize or release, generating the L4-16 code. The ratchet system consists of 2 one way bearings, one in the ratchet arm, & another at the other end of the shaft, If the one in the arm fails, the shaft wont turn, but if the opposite one fails, the shaft will wobble back & forth until the machine times out & throws the code. I just (because I was tired of ordering fusers at far below their yield) pulled several "bad" fusers off of the shelf & ripped into them. After cleaning & "scotch-briting the shafts under both, I now have a few more "good" ones. Hope this saves some of you a few bucks.