Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sharp ARM 700

Senior Tech 100+ Posts Vesigoth's Avatar

Sharp ARM 700

I have a Sharp 700 with dual LCC jamming from the second LCC. Actually not jamming. The paper gets picked up out of the LCC, is fed to the first sensor and activates it and gets to the feed rollers on the horizontal transport tray, but stops there. I get a jam code that states that the second sensor on the paper path was not activated. If you've run accross this problem and have an idea of what may be happening please let me know.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    Sharp ARM 700

Which is jam code _______? =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

OMD-227
    From your cryptic description, I'm guessing you are having MPRD1 or MPRD2 jams. This can be caused by intermittant driving of the one-way gears within the interface pass unit (or the 'horizontal transport tray' which I think you are talking about). Replace these one-way gears NPLYZ0420FCZZ (PG section 74, item 6) x2.

If its not MPRD1 or MPRD2 jams, please provide the jam code.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts bilyahn's Avatar
    Also could be a faulty sensor. There is a tech bulletin out about the sensor just above the LCC tray 1 causing intermittent problems with copy quality, I don't see why it couldn't also cause the jams. But again the exact jam code would be nice to know.

Good luck.

Bil

Thanks for the reply guys. The jam code is MPRD2_N2. The sensors are good. I can feed through the bypass just fine. I've replaced the feed, p/u, and sep rollers. Still, the paper gets picked out of lcc 2, fed to the first sensor and stops at the drive roller. Ever had to replace the one-way bearings or the torque limmitter?

OMD-227
    Too easy..... take the interface pass unit out and dismantle/repair it with the parts I previously mentioned. Problem solved. Its a known issue. Have done a few before.

Have a look at section 6-41 of the SM for some dismantle procedures.

Hey Wazza. Thanks for the tip. I replaced the interface pass unit with one from a parts machine that the boss has in the back and I'm still getting the same problem. Paper gets picked up out of LCC 2, fed to the interface pass unit and stops at the first transport roller. Do you think that this is a common enough problem that two machines could have the same problem? Thanks again for your advice!

Sharp ARM 700

The only time that I've seen MPRD2_N2 it was after a customer had printed some coated media through the bypass. The waxy coating deposited on every roller from the bypass to the exit. It did cause the paper to stall at the bypass and Deck 2. The embarassing part is that I didn't identify the media problem on the first visit. Two hours later they did exactly the same thing, and called back. So I got to replace the fuser rollers twice in two hours.

I don't know if this helps you or not... =^..^=

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    The only time that I've seen MPRD2_N2 it was after a customer had printed some coated media through the bypass. The waxy coating deposited on every roller from the bypass to the exit. It did cause the paper to stall at the bypass and Deck 2. The embarassing part is that I didn't identify the media problem on the first visit. Two hours later they did exactly the same thing, and called back. So I got to replace the fuser rollers twice in two hours.

I don't know if this helps you or not... =^..^=
    Hey Blackcat. Thanks for the reply. I don't think that any special paper was run through the machine. If I understand correctly MPRD2_N2 is a failure of the second sensor on the interface pass unit to be activated within a specified period of time (delay jam). The strange thing is that it only happens when I feed from LCC2 and not when I feed from the bypass unit (the paper follows almost the same path through the interface pass unit). I've also checked the transport rollers on the interface pass unit and they look and feel ok. I'm thinking the bearing on the separation roller assembly of LCC2, or the torque limmiter, although on Ricoh's and Konica Minolta's which is what I'm most familiar with, when the torque limmitter goes bad I've always seen the paper get folded down slightly where the sep roller starts to bite too much. I don't know, just bouncing stuff off you. I'm stumpped. Do you think I'm barking up the wrong tree?

Sharp ARM 700

I have a vague recollection of helping another tech with a similar problem. I remember replacing the transport drive pack and the motor and the motor driver board, but I don't remember what fixed it. Actually, I think it was the motor driver PWB that fixed it. Try that first.