Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    mx-4700 GHOST JAM

Question mx-4700 GHOST JAM

i HAVE A JAM INDICATOR LOCATED IN THE INTERFACE UNIT, i CHECKED EVERWHERE FOR A JAM AND CAN NOT FIND ONE. I REMOVED THE INTERFACE UNIT TO CK THE SENSORS AND FLAGS, NOTHING BROKEN OR DISCONNECTED. I DID A SIM 14 JUST FOR HECK OF IT, SAME PROBLEM. JAM CODES REGISTERED ARE... POD1-S...POD2-S...F EXIT-S AND TRAY 1. iTS BEEN A WHILE SINCE I WORKED ON ONE OF THESE SO IM HOPING I MISSED SOMETHING SIMPLE. THANKS EVERYONE FOR REPLYS

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    mx-4700 GHOST JAM

mx_2700 SORRY EVERYONE THE COPIER IS A mx-2700 MY SCREW UP THANKS

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    mx-4700 GHOST JAM

The interface unit is what was causing the ghost jam, im still trying to figure out why. The bad unit was installed in another machine and works fine. Thanks

OMD-227
    Ghost jams in the RBX drawer are usually caused by the POD sensor on the delivery unit coming off. The delivery unit POD sensor is then detecting paper at that location as the sensor is up instead of down, by the weight of the sensor piece.

There is a spring that can be installed on the delivery unit POD sensor so that if the sensor piece does come off, the sensor is in the correct position by the spring. This was modified on newer delivery units or available as just the spring.

Usually, the sensor piece falls into the RBX drawer cavity or down infront of the fuser unit.