Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: AR-LC7

Senior Tech 250+ Posts vincent64's Avatar

AR-LC7

Went to a cust office yesterday, lady told me that had put paper in the wrong side of the LCC and caused it to lock up, would not open for nothing, first time I had seen this model, its set up to take most any size paper, finaly I found the release button under the tray, and wished I had not.
    They had put 8.5x14 behind the paper stop, and it caused the tray to bind up when it lifted, since the paper detect sensor could not sense any paper, it snapped all 4 lift cables, and bend one of the tabs that the cable mounts too, did not look at the rear of the unit but I could see cables loose so I guessed it snapped them also, or at least mangled them pretty good.
    Any one else ever seen this, does it take anything else out, lift motor, PWB's, and why oh why dont Sharp put a lable on the lift tray or somewhere inside to warn stupid people, like, If you put paper here, it will break things, Here's your sign.
    Thanks guys and gals.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    AR-LC7

They don't usually bust all the cables, but usually 1 or 2. Other than screwing down the guides, and slapping all the stupid operators (maybe all of them?), there's not much you can do. Notes don't do any good. The people who know how to load paper properly don't read the notes just like the people who don't. After a few times at the machine it's just wallpaper.

Last year I was in class on the newest Copystar machine, in Chicago. The newest print drivers have a sound module, so when "a paper jam has occurred" should have sounded, I programmed in "Hey dumbass, load the paper on the left side of the tray." This should be manditory at some locations. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

OMD-227
    I've seen quite a few LC7's over the years, and never seen a snapped lift cable.... ever! Those cables are very strong.

But, I've also never seen anyone with an LC7 using anything but A3, as that is what is primarily designed for..... Large capacity A3.

As with any Sharp tray, if paper is loaded incorrectly, there is a very good chance the lift motor is twisted, the PE sensor or top detect assembly is busted and it will need either a sim 14 or 15 reset once repaired.

If you have snapped lift cables, I can tell you right now its not going to be a simple job to fix this. I've seen snapped cables inside finishers due to cleaners putting bins under the output trays, and that was not a pretty sight inside the machine. You have a big tray with big problems by the sounds of it. I'd be taking the tray unit back to the workshop and fixing it there. The client can use their machine perfectly fine without in the meantime.

I seriously wish you well on this one Vincent. Good luck.