Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

Sharp AR-M355 wont scan after pwb change

I have changed the main pwb and now it wont scan the s/N are not the same I can get in to change the S/N however It wont lock it in Help

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts gwaddle's Avatar
    Did you swap the ROM chip from the old pwb to the new one?

Technician
    No the tech that did the swap dumped the old pwb and the rom so I thought I would just use Sim 86-1 to change the serial back to the old one then just re-enter the product key however I cant seem to lock the # in in sim 86-1 itb allows me to re entern a new serial but after i hit start it seems to just wipe out the entry

Hoglegg
    That's bad 86 won't do it you'll have to send the ship to sharp in romeoville IL for reprogramming.

did u swap the old eeprom to the new board?if u swapped,just enter the product key and ll enable the scanning function.if u dont have the product key,so mission impossible

OMD-227
    So you have an untrained tech working on machines????

It is common knowledge to change over any ROM on each pwb. I'd be getting the tech who stuffed this up to be paying for all expenses in sending the ROM back to Sharp. You'll need all documentation that you purchased the machine, and all original documentation to prove that this is the correct serial number and model number before Sharp will re-write the ROM.

Once you have the correct serial number on the machine, you can then re-install the product key for scanning. You will never get it going with the wrong S/N, as the product key is matched to it.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts bilyahn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluezman View Post
    No the tech that did the swap dumped the old pwb and the rom so I thought I would just use Sim 86-1 to change the serial back to the old one then just re-enter the product key however I cant seem to lock the # in in sim 86-1 itb allows me to re entern a new serial but after i hit start it seems to just wipe out the entry
    I haven't done this but I think there is a trick to entering the serial number. There was a post on this and it mentioned something about hexidecimal. Not sure if this is correct but maybe you can try or go to the expense of shipping it to Sharp!!

Service Manager 100+ Posts glewisme's Avatar
    I hope you got a good sturdy paddle,cause you're up the S#%ts creek. You'll need to do what the others said.Get all your documentation together and send it along with the chip to sharp and grab ankle.