Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Unhappy MX-M450N printing garbage

hello guys, i am having a really strange problem that i cant seem to put my finger on, a customer of mine has a sharp MX-M450n imager, the wanted to install the print drivers to put the imager on there network, after i got a report that the customer said that when they do a test print they get garbage on the paper, so i decided to investigate the matter, when i got to the customer they said that they did NOT receive any cds with the imager, so they downloaded some drivers off the internet and hoped that it would work. to make a long story short, i downloaded pcl5e and pcl6 drivers from my sharp website, and they did not work i got the same garbage on the paper.i even hooked it directly to a labtop via ethernet cable and no luck.can someone please guide me in the right direction please?

Service Manager 250+ Posts bonnie750's Avatar
    log into m/c as administrator on ops panel. and reset the nic for starters. power the m/c down and leave for a few seconds, then switch on. the nic is now reset to default if that fails remove and clean and memory/dimms with a clean cloth.reseat and give it a whirl. if that lot fails the nic could be spammed.

Disable hexadecimal dump MODE(UNDER KEY OPERATOR PROGRAM 》00000》PRINTER SETTING》INTERFACE SETTING》UNTICK hexadecimal dump MODE)

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    ok guys will give it a try and get back to you, thanks alot for suggestions

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    make sure you are using PCL5e or PCL6 drivers, NOT POSTSCRIPT. that will also cause similar problems if the copier does not have a postscript expansion kit installed on it.