Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts DINGO's Avatar

chip toner in ar-m450

Hi
    first a good day for everyone
    I leave here relevant question, that which is if somebody nows as eliminate the chip toner in the ar-m450/350.

I am investigate abaout this, is because i think if i can do it, i just whith the F2 erros, that crash the copier and must be turn on/of again and lost the works, what is very incovenient in the copy centers.

regards

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    chip toner in ar-m450

If I understand you correctly, you would like to run a Tiger without the the CRUM chip. The code that you are probably getting is F2-05. You cannot run a Tiger on toner cartridges without the CRUM chip. You must know that the manufacturer puts the CRUM chips onto the toner cartridge to make it a little extra difficult for aftermarket toner providers to copy the cartridges. It would be really dumb on the part of the manufacturer to also create a simulation to ignore the presence of the CRUM chip. It would be an invitation to all aftermarket toner providers: "Here is the back door, right here!" The answer is no. The toner cartridge must have a CRUM chip that has not yet reached an empty condition.

Se entendesse-o corretamente, gostaria de correr um Tigre sem a a lasca de CRUM. O código que você provavelmente recebe é F2-05. Não pode correr um Tigre em cartuchos de toner sem a lasca de CRUM. Deve saber que o fabricante põe as lascas de CRUM sobre o cartucho de toner fazê-lo um extra pequeno difícil para fornecedores de toner de aftermarket copiar os cartuchos. Seria realmente mudo na parte do fabricante também criar uma simulação para ignorar a presença da lasca de CRUM. Seria um convite a todos os fornecedores de toner de aftermarket: "Aqui está a porta traseira, direito aqui"! A resposta é número O cartucho de toner deve ter uma lasca de CRUM que tem não mas alcançou uma condição vazia. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Hi
    Thanks for your coment blackcat, but i am investigate, because i beleave that is possible
    the ar-m450 work whithout toner cheap, thats mean, work whithout toner cartdrige.

Service Manager 250+ Posts
    a guy on ebay has these chip for sale

re

thanks jpcopy
    My problem i'snt the chips.
    I want try eliminate the chip, because i have some of this copiers (ar-m450/350) that get easily F2-02.

any way thanks.

we have several of them and the imagistics clone out. most of the time when we get that code is toner not shaken befor installing. had one place standing toner on end-not good. some schools would let machine add and add toner till chip blew. so I'll take the code.

jpcopy, ihave someones in sagem clone out, i try flash it whith the sharp firmware, but when i flash a PCU flash the copier give me E7-50??
    but the main and but accepts good, do you now somthing asbout??

regards

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    I have several Imagistics out there in the field like jcopy. We sent all the PCU boards off to hytec and had em reworked to accept SharpARM450 toner instead of the more expensive Imagistics toner. I know for a fact you can have the PCU boards chipped to accept a different CRUM chip but I agree with blackcat on his statement that they cannot be run without a CRUM chip at all. We did not have to reflash the boards with Sharp firmware or anything just had em modified and they work like a champ. cost was about 80 dollars a board but on a high volume machine you will make that up in no time off of the price difference between sharp toner and the other more expensive modified carts from Imagstics and Savin.

To DINGO....I have seen that code once before, but it was when we tried to swap a ARM350N board into an ARM450N+ machine because the 450N+ board got fried by a surge during a heavy storm. I know that there was a couple changes in the laser units and their control boards. Could be related to the version mix of hardware you have vs the version of rom you are trying to flash with. But like I said, the only time we've ever seen this was when we tried to do that board swap for a temporary fix.

Dingo
    I don't think you can flash a clone (imagistics) with sharp solfware. I know the main board won't swap. the print board,Lsu,power board, and whole scanner unit will interchange and of course all hardware parts will interchange.

repn1999
    what is a good price for sharp 450 toner? I pay around 50 bucks for imagistics toner and 48 for sharp. I have heard of a chip reprogramer that you can buy that will let you reprogram imagistics to a sharp. cost is around 300 bucks. and also I have talked with hytec about reworkong them. unless i can save more than 2.00 I can't see that it's worth it. and we have less problems with imagistics toner than sharp

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    We use strictly oem toner for our sharps and get it for about 43 per. An oce/iMagistics oem toner runs us about 85. Don't know if you use oem or not. I've had maybe a couple bad toners for sharp mono copiers in the last few years. Usually it's not the toner. And i've actually got a reprogrammrt but it didn't work so well. So the fix through hytec worked best for us.