Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    OMD-227
    Its all good mate..... just trying to help. How would anything you do or say surprise me? You are in the same boat as me mate, trying to fix wonderful Sharp's.

I'm actually on jobs, and all I can think about is your damn machine!! What else, what else, what else.... what else could there be causing this. I've been thinking of all situations I've seen. I can see that you are quite familiar with the MX's, so I won't crap on about what is obvious stuff to me anymore, but maybe not so obvious to you. I get it.

Yeah, check those few things tomorrow, and get back to us.

Is there any lead edge damage on the jammed paper? If no lead edge damage, most likely a sensor issue. Lead edge damage should be obvious to see (maybe/maybe not).

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Yea I thought maybe a sensor too. No lead edge damage at all . Just stops and no noise now. I've heard these had some early drive unit trouble but idk if this could be related. I know the black dv and transfer drive is shared. I believe the duplex is also shared. I don't like that design but I'll live. And yes I like the mx color series but my fav is still arm/mxm620s. I went to the sharp academy for those and arm455 in Atlanta ga. I'll check that stuff and let ya know.

OMD-227
    OK, yes there are many bulletins on the early/first release Main drive units, but this was for transfer belt drive issues. There is no way that the main drive unit can cause this (wait 'till you have your first Main drive unit replacement.... my first one took over an hour, now I do them under 15mins!).
    As for the duplex drive, thats off the PF drive unit (completely separate part). Top 2 trays PF drive, PS/Rego & ADU all run off the PF drive unit. Again, this is not the cause of your jams. If you had alot of CPFD1 or CPFD2 jams, then yes... PF drive unit clutches (which have been updated) are the usual suspect.

Thinking more about your problem here..... check the white drive gear on the Primary Transfer belt unit. It can crack on the inside drive pin, causing inconsistant timing of the rotation of the belt. As paper is passing between the 2 belt surfaces, if one is out-of-sync, even for just a bit, it could be causing a paper speed issue/sensor timing.

Order & fit a new POD1 sensor (even though it was new on the delivery unit), it might be bad..... I've seen it before ya know! Sharp Parts which are new, already bad.... oh no!

OMD-227
    Just some info for anyone interested......

As I posted on this subject earlier, I mentioned that the Reverse PG becomes warped/bent towards the centre (where the POD1 arm sits), causing excessive POD1_S jams.

Here is a picture I took recently of a warped Reverse PG, which was causing many, many POD1_S jams.
    A new, modified Reverse PG with pawls instantly solved the jamming problems.... as it always does when the PG is so badly deformed.

See above post on new modified Reverse PG. This picture is the original 'old school'/first production version.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Well I think we found the issue. Turns out there was a good amount of excess toner inside the reverse pg in the holes where the pawls and pod1 sensor set with the door in the closed position. No idea where it cane from for sure....but I filed off all the excess and removed one deformed pawl and it seems to be working ok. New parts on the way but it'll pass for working right now. I found that some of the temps for various paper had been greatly increased and may have caused the build up when they were running special paper. Machine is set back to totally stock and after new parts are installed we will know for sure if it's resolved. I believe in going the extra mile just to be sure. Gives both you and the product you represent a good name. Thanks for the help wazza. I took ya some pics of what I found

OMD-227
    Excess toner buildup on the reverse gate is common when under the following situations:

- Original Reverse PG in use
    - Machine running too hot (toner coming off page on D/S jobs, sticking to Reverse PG).

One tip I can give you, is that is you cannot install the new Reverse PG for some reason, and you are getting toner buildup on the PG, remove the exit dust filters in the delivery unit, because when these get blocked up, poor cooling is performed around the Reverse PG, causing it to become insanely hot. A hot Reverse PG is what causes it to warp in the first place, and also make toner stick to it instead of the paper.

Definitely fit the modified Reverse PG for a 100% fix.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    The crazy part is I replaced the whole right door 27k ago including the reverse pg. But I'm sure it has to do with the temps being changed. The tech that did that was not authorized to do so. I need to look into it some more though

OMD-227
    I've seen toner buildup within a few days.

By changing the default plain paper temp to the 'heavy' temp plain paper setting in 55-01, will make it even worse. It all depends on airflow & having the correct reverse PG.