Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Sharp Mind Pointy Hat

Toner motor locking up ARM620

I have a Sharp ARM620 that recently started this. The toner bottle motor will click and the bottle wont turn. Remove the bottle and open the shutter for it and toner is packed there. The hopper is not empty but is very low. I replaced the toner motor twice now (used part) and the hopper assy also used part. No change currently it runs with the spring that closes the shutter to the hopper removed and opened and the toner I open the shutter before installing it. It seems that one of the shutters is not opening . I will replace the hopper assy and the toner motor with new as soon as I get parts. Was wondering if anyone else is seeing this . Maybe a defective run of toner cartridges.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

A few years back I had a bad batch of Dragon toner cartridges, like you describe. I got F2-02 codes and loud clicking immediately after changing cartridges. In a few cases I had to replace TM2 toner motor. You can remove the cartridge and test TM2 in simulation 10-1. In most cases, just turning the toner cartridge drive manually can break it loose. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Senior Tech 250+ Posts vincent64's Avatar
    I have seen this also, check where they store the extra toner cartriges at, I have seen some cust. storing the cart on the ends, and this could make the toner pack in the cart.
    I have had to manualy turn the toner bottle on the cart and dump a bit out to free it up, this will work, but toner motors can go bad also, if the cust has stored it on end, toner may be pretty well packed, and we know cust dont shake them bottles before installing them for the msot part.

Sharp Mind Pointy Hat
    Good points from all. Thanks for those. The most recent event happened after I replaced the toner motor and the hopper unit and shook the cartridge . Using used parts from returned machines ....but two of them....both doing the same thing. Trying to look wider into the event but almost has to be one of the shutters not being opened. Did have an F2-02 at arrival but then I swapped the motor and the hopper and used the same toner and opened the shutters then no code. Ran 10-1 and I cant make the motor stall by holding the wheel that drives the toner bottle. Cartridges are stored flat at the location. I hate stuff that just wont fix. Going back on 5 28 morning, will update. Btw our Sharp rep supplies us with a disk with all the tech pubs on it each quarter all digital from AR250 to current willing to share that

Thanks to all

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

Try turning the toner cartridge drive manually. If you can't do it with your hand, TM2 won't be able to do it either. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

I had similar problem last 3 weeks where there was a loud clicking noise due to defective toner motor. I checked motor in simulation 10-1 to affirm the fault. I replaced the toner motor together with toner bottle to get rid of problem.

Sharp Mind Pointy Hat
    Solved this with new toner motor and new hopper assy... my guess it was bad motor .... company tries to use used parts and cost more in the long run