Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

MX-2300 paper jam

Machine has almost 100k and 1 year. For few day's customer complain's about paper jam from bouth tray's of the machine i went there and clean reoller's and did some check and all seem to be fine and no jam afther i left they call again. Today i dissasembled paper pick-up sistem from both tray's and check and put it back ran sim 30-2 and CPFD1 wasn't working. Changed senzor's from tray2 sistem and the same problem then change them back and then ran sim 30-2 and the bouth sensor's work. Problem will be back sooner or later and i have to prepare for what's worse .... if u tell me what that might be, pls.

OMD-227
    What is the actual jam code?

OMD-227
    You have only mentioned CPFD1 code problems during sensor sim tests, but what is the actual jam code happening during normal machine use?

If the jam code happening during normal use is CPFD1, then you could very well have a problem with the paper feed drive unit (different from the paper feed units).

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    The code is: CPFD1_N2.
    Whether the command is given for a page or more is heard as it is taken home and taken the route after that is heard as the paper is folded and then another page is taken and then the paper jam message appears.
    This message was translated by google, I try to do better understood.

OMD-227
    If you are sure the vertical transport rollers are clean, the CPFD and PPD sensors all work in sim, the tray PF rollers are in good condition and the clear mylar on the tray is shaped correctly with no bends/tears in it, then I can almost guarantee the problem is in the PF drive unit. This is different from the PF unit in each tray.

You can either take the unit apart and replace the clutches & clean everything (I've done this and it was a massive pain in the ass!) or you can replace the entire PF drive unit as one part. It simply comes out with 4 screws after you remove the ozone fan duct and driver board in the lower left corner. I carry one for the Pastel 1's and one for the C-Jupiter1's in my car stock these days as this fault is becoming more common here. Plus, I look at it this way..... if you replace the PF drive unit, you have fixed the machine in only a few minutes, plus you can keep the 2 tray lift motors from the original drive unit. These always come in handy as you probably know.

The part number for you Pastel 1 is CFRM-1148DS51. (its ........DS52 for the C-Jupiter 2's).

I see this on a regular basis here, mostly on older machines with a few hundred K on the clock, but I havc seen it on fairly new machines as well. It was always the PF drive unit if everything else was OK.

If you take the PF drive unit out and manually turn the drive gears which engage with the vertical drive & PF rollers, one of them will be tighter than the rest. Dont even bother spraying any lubrication in there as it doesnt help (I've also tried that a few times). If you notice that one of the gears on the drive shaft is tighter than the others, there's the problem! PF drive unit.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    This is a huge help for me, thank you.

But then why that sensor wasn't working when i started to work on the machine and then afther few hours it started working, as far i know an sensor is only working or not.

OMD-227
    The only reason I can think of why the sensors were not working, is you said in your first post that you dismantled the paper pickup unit and reassembled the machine.... only then the sensor was dead.

That would mean you didnt correctly connect the paper pickup unit cable correctly, as there is only one wiring loom going from the tray feed unit to the engine... and you would have had that apart to dismantle the pickup unit.

When you swapped the sensors over again, that means you had the wiring loom apart once more, when plugged in again it correctly seated and worked.

Other than that.... get yourself a PF drive unit. It will take care of everything..... especially CPFD jams.

Glad I could be of some assistance Vlad.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Well i just been there and the machine wasn't on so i turn it and made few print's and it seem to be ok.
    I presume that this PF drive unit is going to jam again when he will have to make about 500 - 1000 print's / day ?! It's about 400 euro's (500 $) not a cheap assembly and i don't have many of this machine's in the field ... u got my point.

OMD-227
    Exactly................I got tricked by this early on as well. The machine seems fine, but the exact same jam code will return on a long run. And it will get more often as well. It will become very frustrating for the client too.

As I said earlier, if you take the PF drive unit out of the machine and check each gear shaft.... one will be tighter than the rest. This extra tightness is the clutch. Trust me... I've done alot of them.

If you are not in a position to get a new PF drive unit, take it apart and clean everything really well, lubricate the bushings & replace the clutches (the paper feed cluches x2 have been modified... was PCLC-0342FCZZ, now PCLC-0342FCZ1). Reassemble everything very carefully, as there are several bushing cut-outs that must go one way only.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    After disscusing it with the customer i did order 2 * PCLC-0342FCZ1. I was to lazy (didn't have the time or i just relay on ur advice) to go again and took that apart and make that check.
    Last edited by vlad_robas; 06-03-2010 at 02:36 PM.